Mondays mixed bag..........

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First place I hunted today was near highway traffic lights, shopping centre etc - as soon as I turned the Shark on I had a constant heartbeat type signal - bad interference and I could only get targets by tuning in to irregular sounds against the pulsing norm. annoying and I moved on.....
then I had fun, new site produced 4 rings, -a stainless mens, junk kiddies and two 925's, other highlights included $22 + in change, plane and Ferrari thingy - couple of heartbreakers including the dog tag and gold coloured junk ring which both had a lovely glint when it came up - alas junk but I enjoyed variety today - as usual I left looking at the larger area I did not have time to hunt and thinking I'll be back for the GOLD later......... also I found a 1946 Silver Florin yesterday in a spot closer to home (last week a 43 threepence in same area) so hopefully some old gold will be won here - but it is hard digging - 15cm of sand then the rocky shell bed holding the targets - I have to get in by hand and remove the bigger ones, scoop a bit and repeat, ironic the best conditions for holding gold / oldies are also some of the hardest to dig...... also how? do those diamond shaped scoops work in tough rocky conditions - I think I need one - horses for courses -
HH to all.

Attachments

• IMG_2703.jpg
    IMG_2703.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck. Hamid HH

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you are referring to the Nutall Scoop, I had one and it was great for hard pan, rocky conditions. They are heavy, but built like a tank. I bought mine for a road trip around the Great Lake and it worked great, but too heavy for everyday FL hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions