money from my Grandmother, who live over 102 and born in1896, that I have found

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
money from my Grandmother, who live over 102 and born in1896, that I have found and yes the 50 CC bill is real I had it check the the Green on, can some tell me what it is, and my new small digging tool

jc

Attachments

• DSCN3157.jpg
    DSCN3157.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • DSCN3160.jpg
    DSCN3160.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,166
  • DSCN3161.jpg
    DSCN3161.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 1,169
  • my new dig tool.jpg
    my new dig tool.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,140
Upvote 0
That confederate 50 is awesome. how much is it worth? Did you find out yet?

Yes you BETTER hang on to that Confederate States of America 50, if I were you I would have it put into an air tight plaque.

is that a good thing to do, I think I better do it then, I found it in a letter man I was jazz to see the 50 and a couple of more bills from somewhere, I take pic of them

thanks for the help
jc

{Sentinel} said:
Yes you BETTER hang on to that Confederate States of America 50, if I were you I would have it put into an air tight plaque.

What is writen below the fifty.Could be a famous person or presented to by some one famous.let us know.thanks for sharing.

I think the dollar bill is worth much more. Confederate money does not sell for much. Just a guess but you may get $20 for it. I will see what I can find on the dollar for you.

Doesn't matter what the going price is.
You've got a piece of history that Grammy
passed down to you. That is worth more
than anything. ;)

Nice notes! The 50 is just what it says, a Confederate States issued $50 bill from 1864, it's pretty common. The other note is what's called an "obsolete" bank note from the state of New Jersey.
The central porthole shows a maid with symbols of industry in the background. Both are collectible. The New Jersey note is in great condition by the looks of the photo and the Confederate note is also in "good" shape. They are both worth about the same in the same condition but, since the New Jersey note is in much better condition, I would tend to think it would be worth a bit more, and it is a little more scarce too. I've looked at past auction prices realized for both notes thru Heritage Auction Galleries rare currency auctions and this is why I say this. I know you weren't thinking of selling them since the sentimental value obviously outweighs the $40-75 each that they are worth but I figured i'd give you this info. anyway.

tymcmurray said:
Doesn't matter what the going price is.
You've got a piece of history that Grammy
passed down to you. That is worth more
than anything. ;)
I agree wholeheartedly. :)

Awesome is all I can say.....Thank's for sharing!I just like the look's of them....Grandma was a smart person.HH!!

my brother tells me that his little girl wants to take it to school, I said nope I know what your trying to do, I can make a copy and he got mad, but he wanted it for him self, I said you should went through the box of letters is where I found it. It has not seend day light in years ok a lest 30 years, cool huh

Thanks guys and gals

here is one I found on ebay

1800'S NEW JERSEY~USA~$1~STATE BANK OF NEW BRUNSWICK
UNCIRCULATED crisp AND clean GREEN AND BLACK TINT nice Item number: 260120591164

View larger picture

price: US $299.00

man all I can say is wow

jc

just wanted to say thanks, now I wish I could find more.

jc

Re: money from my Grandmother, who live over 102 and born in1896, that I have fo

SO TRUE, but it was fun finding them, I never get a chance to do this again, maybe some day.

jc

PS

thanks everyone

mrs.oroblanco said:
I would keep and take care of BOTH in an airtight container - and out of the direct light.

The value of either (monetarily) are dependent on date, condition, whether its been circulated, stuff like that.

The value of BOTH, is that it is from your family member, I cannot find a dollar price for personal history and sentimentality.

B

Re: money from my Grandmother, who live over 102 and born in1896, that I have fo

I just bought a Confederate one-dollar bill for my Dad's birthday last month for 35 bucks.

My 3-times Great Grandpa and was killed fighting for the South at the Battle of Pea Ridge, Ark. (also known as the battle of Elkhorn Tavern). His brother was killed at the Battle of Shiloh, and yet another brother was wounded and died in the late 1860s due to complications from the wound.

So I figured it would make a neat present.

He was thrilled!
:)

That confederate $50 would be a real gem if someone hadn't wrote on it.

Nice to know Grandmother had her own little "rainy day" cache.

wow so cool, I bet he was happy camper, please you have a lot of history at in your family, thanks for sharing, jc

MalteseFalcon said:
I just bought a Confederate one-dollar bill for my Dad's birthday last month for 35 bucks.

My 3-times Great Grandpa and was killed fighting for the South at the Battle of Pea Ridge, Ark. (also known as the battle of Elkhorn Tavern). His brother was killed at the Battle of Shiloh, and yet another brother was wounded and died in the late 1860s due to complications from the wound.

So I figured it would make a neat present.

He was thrilled!
:)

Here is a Confederate $50 for sale on Civil War Outpost:

SKU C3
Title Confederate Fifty Dollar Bill
C3.jpg
Description Confederate fifty dollar bill with Jeff Davis, issued Feb. 17th, 1861. Hand numbered and signed. Fine condition.
Price $70.00
QOH 1
LT 0
HT 0
Weight (lbs) 0.20

Depending on "Who" signed or wrote on this bill. It might make it worth more if it is someone of significance or someone that can be traced.

If that was a family heirloom I wouldn't part with it then will it for when you're gone.

I am going to look on the back so see what it says.
jc

and yes I think I will do that when I am dead, to my son or girl, man I need to find one more, so they both could have one. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back