What's new

Monkey Money

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
For the last year or two I've been noticing this sticker on some of the halves I get. I had no idea what it meant, but assumed it was somebody's way of marking their searched coins. The sticker is quite durable but I'm sure if I tried to I could get one off. Then today I had one box, pulled four of these 'stickered' coins. The second one was the one on the left, a 1966. That leads me to believe that they are not someone's marked searched coins...or else they are very very hard on sight and didnt' see the front of the coin where they put the sticker. Does anyone else find these coins? I must have run across at least 25 or so of them...usually I see one every few boxes but today's box had 4 in it.
picture226-2.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Did a search and there is a website called monkeymoney.net but it just asks for a username and password and gives no details about what the site consists of.

Odd.

Take care,

Lonnie
 
DD, I have heard of these. I believe the right thing to do would be to send them all to me for furthur investigation. I give you my word I will share any that I find. Thanks, Jim
 
coolpix9 said:
DD, I have heard of these. I believe the right thing to do would be to send them all to me for furthur investigation. I give you my word I will share any that I find. Thanks, Jim

Gee I'd be stupid NOT to!
 
Yes, Ive found lots of those as well. Last week I too found more than usual in my boxes.
I think I found around 5 last week. However, we are in the same area, so that isnt very
unusual. I do laugh every time I see one , and say " Monkey Money " in a weird high
pitched tone :) LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom