Moqui Sand Caves

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Inquiring for a friend : The Sand Caves about 5 miles north of Kanab just off of Hwy 89, a big tourist attraction, the history say's they were man made by miner's for the sand. I want to find out the exact documentation of this from the Local Historical Society and hopefully with Pictures, the individuals or mining company responsible for them, the dates, everything ! No B.S., just the plain facts in PRINT. Also why Sand ? For concrete? And if so, where? For road construction ? In other words, what was the use for the sand ? Any Historical Links to this Information ? Thanks, Darrell

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
well Thanks DizzyDigger, so there's 2 independent sites, one is the Moqui Cave and the other is the Sand Caves, on that first link it talks about both of them, the latter it say's was dug out my miner's for Glass, mmmmmm ? That's the one I'm interested in, you got any more information on that ?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well Thanks DizzyDigger, so there's 2 independent sites, one is the Moqui Cave and the other is the Sand Caves, on that first link it talks about both of them, the latter it say's was dug out my miner's for Glass, mmmmmm ? That's the one I'm interested in, you got any more information on that ?

Nope.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread