More Cowboys Than Injuns in Caldwell This Year!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Cowboys Than Injun's in Caldwell This Year!

Well another memorable hunt in Caldwell is down in the history books. Traveling through the dreaded Memphis traffic I managed a shot of the Pyramid.
IMG_5902.JPG
And the Mighty Mississippi didn't look so mighty this time around, but still a sight to see.
IMG_5915.JPG
Beautiful cotton fields all along the way that reminds me the simple things in life aren't really that easy to come by.
IMG_5921.JPG
The first stop on my journey from Alabama to Kansas started out in Springfield MO at the Crackerbarrel Friday morning. Of course WarSawDaddy was the first member of the rowdy bunch to greet me. :-* And soon there after the rest came trickling in. Ridgerunner, Snoopy (Schloopy), Greg, Gypsy and the girls and Bran. After a yummy breakfast and lots of catching up, we all headed toward Caldwell to meet up with the rest of the gang.
IMG_5927.JPG
IMG_5930.JPG

Lots of awesome scenery everywhere you go out that way.
IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5958.JPG
Kansas state flower...
IMG_5983.JPG

After what seems like an eternity of riding through little towns and highways and pig trails we finally reach our destination. ME and family, BB, Ros and her A$$ are already checking in at the hotel. Get all the hugs and kisses and arrangements squared away there and head out for the site.
A crowd has already began to gather at the now world famous tan building in Caldwell. Lots of familiar faces and quite a few new ones too. Some how I got talked into tossing cow poop across a field...although I hunt in pastures I've always tried to avoid the poop, so this was first for me! :D EWWW! :D Dang, TC was good at it though!
Spent the rest of the evening catching up and with old friends and making new ones. Lots of great prizes given away and lots of presents being gifted too! Thanks to all who filled the back of my truck with all those goodies! :-* I love 'em all!!
Saturday morning started out with a cool brisk wind. We couldn't wait to get started. Hunted for about an hour and the jackets came flying off! Next couple of hours, thirsty was the word. Just so happened, Ridgerunner was nearby and I instantly had a new hero for the day. ;D
IMG_6065.JPG
IMG_6068.JPG
As the day quickly slipped by, the heat of the afternoon brought out these giant gnats that we call cow gnats. These things were relentless! Biting every little spot of skin they could get to. After an agonizing hour of so of these buggers, I ran to the camp and sprayed Deep woods Off alllll over. That worked for about an hour and then back for more spray. My tip to you is to never get that stuff near your eyes! Mine were swelling and I looked like I had been in a boxing match by the time the day was over. :P Thanks to Ros for the fine doctoring! :thumbsup: I'm almost back to normal now! :D I skipped the bon fire for the long hot shower and some rest..but I hear they dug a hole to China that night. :D
My dug finds consised of one 1890 Injun and lots of lead! :wink:
IMG_6371.JPG

Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: More Cowboys Than Injun's in Caldwell This Year!

TN-Joe said:
Nana,
My goal is to eat at least one meal in ever Cracker Barrel, in the USA. :o
Glad to see some pics. Makes me wish I could make it some time. Did BB or ME
either one wear a tu-tu while there?
Joe

No,ME's pretty wife was there.However,BB did sleep in his tutu,with the overhead light on and the tv(all night) to ward off any boogeymen.And I hope that was a pacifier he had in his mouth ! Just in case,I slept facing the wall and closest to the door.

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe

It was good meeting you and everybody else. I had an awesome time and hopefully will be able to come to the next one wherever it might be. Great pics and i'm glad you made it home ok. 8)

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks ya'll! :)

MM...Burdie was all over the place. I asked him if he'd been on a diet, as he looked at least 10 pounds thinner since I last saw him this summer. :D
IMG_6089.JPG

NGE...I think they were after all the pieces of a broken bowl? :icon_scratch:

TC always finds the goodies, Bob! 8) :D

You got a bunch of eating to do to make that goal, Joe! :D

Good luck with your hunt, Tim! Hope ya find a bunch a keepers! :thumbsup:

I had a great time. It was nice to see my old friends and meet new ones. :)

Nana :)

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

warsawdaddy said:
TN-Joe said:
Nana,
My goal is to eat at least one meal in ever Cracker Barrel, in the USA. :o
Glad to see some pics. Makes me wish I could make it some time. Did BB or ME
either one wear a tu-tu while there?
Joe

No,ME's pretty wife was there.However,BB did sleep in his tutu,with the overhead light on and the tv(all night) to ward off any boogeymen.And I hope that was a pacifier he had in his mouth ! Just in case,I slept facing the wall and closest to the door.

Mastereagle doesn't have a wife....That was his court appointed Mental Wellness Coordinator.

I did not sleep in a tutu, nor have I ever worn one. That wasn't a pacifier in my mouth, It was a can of Budweiser. I'm glad you slept facing the wall WSD.....btw....was anything missing from your luggage? I'm just askin! :dontknow:

Baldingboy

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome time, post and pictures Nana!!! Thanks and HH, Mike

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am ready to go again Nana. I do miss you both. Please take care of Charlie he needs some R&R for sure. Glad you had a great time and congrats on that Indian head. Hope to see you soon. :wink:

Burdie

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good Stuff!!!! Looks like you had a ball at the hunt as well!!! KOD!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a nice time that you all had :icon_sunny: Looks like you had a blast Nana and y'all found a ton of nice lead, not to mention friends, food, and gorgeous scenery. Great post and great pics!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread