More Cowboys Than Injuns in Caldwell This Year!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Cowboys Than Injun's in Caldwell This Year!

Well another memorable hunt in Caldwell is down in the history books. Traveling through the dreaded Memphis traffic I managed a shot of the Pyramid.
IMG_5902.JPG
And the Mighty Mississippi didn't look so mighty this time around, but still a sight to see.
IMG_5915.JPG
Beautiful cotton fields all along the way that reminds me the simple things in life aren't really that easy to come by.
IMG_5921.JPG
The first stop on my journey from Alabama to Kansas started out in Springfield MO at the Crackerbarrel Friday morning. Of course WarSawDaddy was the first member of the rowdy bunch to greet me. :-* And soon there after the rest came trickling in. Ridgerunner, Snoopy (Schloopy), Greg, Gypsy and the girls and Bran. After a yummy breakfast and lots of catching up, we all headed toward Caldwell to meet up with the rest of the gang.
IMG_5927.JPG
IMG_5930.JPG

Lots of awesome scenery everywhere you go out that way.
IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5958.JPG
Kansas state flower...
IMG_5983.JPG

After what seems like an eternity of riding through little towns and highways and pig trails we finally reach our destination. ME and family, BB, Ros and her A$$ are already checking in at the hotel. Get all the hugs and kisses and arrangements squared away there and head out for the site.
A crowd has already began to gather at the now world famous tan building in Caldwell. Lots of familiar faces and quite a few new ones too. Some how I got talked into tossing cow poop across a field...although I hunt in pastures I've always tried to avoid the poop, so this was first for me! :D EWWW! :D Dang, TC was good at it though!
Spent the rest of the evening catching up and with old friends and making new ones. Lots of great prizes given away and lots of presents being gifted too! Thanks to all who filled the back of my truck with all those goodies! :-* I love 'em all!!
Saturday morning started out with a cool brisk wind. We couldn't wait to get started. Hunted for about an hour and the jackets came flying off! Next couple of hours, thirsty was the word. Just so happened, Ridgerunner was nearby and I instantly had a new hero for the day. ;D
IMG_6065.JPG
IMG_6068.JPG
As the day quickly slipped by, the heat of the afternoon brought out these giant gnats that we call cow gnats. These things were relentless! Biting every little spot of skin they could get to. After an agonizing hour of so of these buggers, I ran to the camp and sprayed Deep woods Off alllll over. That worked for about an hour and then back for more spray. My tip to you is to never get that stuff near your eyes! Mine were swelling and I looked like I had been in a boxing match by the time the day was over. :P Thanks to Ros for the fine doctoring! :thumbsup: I'm almost back to normal now! :D I skipped the bon fire for the long hot shower and some rest..but I hear they dug a hole to China that night. :D
My dug finds consised of one 1890 Injun and lots of lead! :wink:
IMG_6371.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: More Cowboys Than Injun's in Caldwell This Year!

More pics....

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6070.JPG

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG

ALLLL my gifts and prizes! I love 'em all!!!!
100_1949.JPG

100_1951.JPG

Had a great breakfast with Ros and Tim and River and Alden Sunday morning and then headed towards home via Hot Springs AK.
What a great weekend! I had a wonderful time! Thanks again to Burdie and all who put the hunt together! I know you must be exhausted after all that fun...I know I am! :D

Nana :-*

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

That does it! Sign me up for the next one...I will find a way to get there! Every post I have looked at in the past 48 hours about CTH2 has had me kicking myself for not loading up my girls and driving down there for the weekend. You guys all had so much fun I am green with envy.
:BangHead:
HH Charlie

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana,
Did Christmas come early? :icon_scratch: :wink: Wow, you made out pretty darn well there. Congrats on the IH too. :thumbsup:
That looks like a blast. I've never been to a group hunt like that before. :-\
Thanks for the pix & a great post. :thumbsup:
Where's that Burdie character at? ???
-Doug-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nana that look's like a Great time,I really wish I could've made it......Stan is Good People.The find's are getting better and better every hunt,can't wait for the other post....Congrat's on the Lead and the Injun,some definite keeper's for sure.....Congrat's to Ya and you made it home safe. :thumbsup:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Great post NANA! Looks like good times were had by all. Wish they had something like that over on this side of the river. Thanks for sharing the good vibes and great job on the lead and IH... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WTG Nana, looks like fun..glad you had a good trip :thumbsup:

Nat

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post...great pics.......sweet prizes...and even better FUN :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice stuff, what was in the deep hole? Good to see that people can still have a good time.....NGE

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350

fantastic nana thanks for the pics, the story you certainly cleaned up with the prizes. we don't have cracker barrel up here on long island so for that i am a little jealous happy hunting and continued good luck

dylan

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

You did great! Sure was nice to meet you and wish I would have had more time to get to talk with you.....soooooo looking forward to the next one!

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool pics and post.WTG Nana. :thumbsup:

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wish I could of been there looks like everybody had fun. Nice job and HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Nice write up with pics Nana.

Those cotton fields look better than the ones I saw down your way. :wink: ;D

Looks like you had a good time despite the bugs.

That Texas Connection looks like he stole the show with that gold ring!

Bob

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Nana,
My goal is to eat at least one meal in ever Cracker Barrel, in the USA. :o
Glad to see some pics. Makes me wish I could make it some time. Did BB or ME
either one wear a tu-tu while there?
Joe

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks like you had a wonderful time.... Dedicated to the hobby to travel that far to detect and be with and to meet other friends. Job well done :icon_sunny:

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post Nana, glad you all had a great time. That Cracker barrel is a great place to eat. Gypsy moved out here not long ago and I got to meet her a few weeks ago. You dug some some neat finds as well. I will be off to the Diggin In Virginia hunt soon. Tim

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

I am so happy with the coin stuff you donated and I won!!!!!! Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread