What's new

More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today **Updated w/Pics**

puckhead

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Gotta try to keep it short here so I can go to bed and get up for wrist surgery in the morning (ice hockey injury, not CRH). I went on a bank run today and ended up hitting at least 12 within 15 miles of my home. After I got home and started searching I realized that the $400 in rolls I got from a BofA had already been searched. Someone opened the end of the shotgun wrapper and then just folded it back down after placing an X on the outside. Waste of time. The bag of $150 loose I got only turned up some 02-03 and 3-4 40%. Another couple hundred in loose and newer rolls only produced a handful of 40%. I saved the "old" looking rolls for dessert and I was not disappointed. The last 5 rolls all matched and while I do have individual pics/dates for you all yet, I did take a pic of them stacked on my table before I looked at them. Here are the total for the 5 rolls:

1 - 76s proof
1 - 64
1 - 68

Get ready here it comes, my best day yet!

34 - Franklins
19 - Walkers

Not done yet.....

2 - 1907 Barber Halves!!!!!


Once I recover and get things sorted out, I will take some pics. There are 1 or 2 of the BFs that are in really nice shape. None of the Walkers are as good as that 42s I posted last week, but at 90% they are all good. The Barbers are really showing their age, but just to get them was awesome. HH all and good luck this weekend. I can't wait til Monday, 8 boxes, but I think that the hand rolls are the ticket.

6/15 update - I made it through surgery and finally got some pics and inventory done. I am quite sure that this was someones collection as there were very few dupes. In fact, I was able to fill a BF Whitman book with only 4 dates missing! Good luck all and here they are:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0455.webp
    IMG_0455.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0457.webp
    IMG_0457.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0461.webp
    IMG_0461.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0463.webp
    IMG_0463.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0467.webp
    IMG_0467.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

I'm jealous.
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Very nice, 34 frankies, 19 walkers and 2 barbers!!!!! Jesus!
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Impressive! Pics of the barbers please.
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Wow!!
Nice job on the Barbers, Walkers & Bens!!!
Congrats!
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Barbers & Walkers and Bens; oh my !

(everyone now)

Barbers & Walkers and Bens; oh my ! (think Wizard of Oz) 8) 8)

Most excellent there PH.........and good luck with the surgery.
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Barbers & Walkers and Bens; oh my !

(everyone now)

Barbers & Walkers and Bens; oh my ! (think Wizard of Oz)

Did you know that Frank L. Baum's novel The Wizard of Oz has a lot of precious metal symbolism in it? Think about it. What's the abbreviation for "ounce?" Oz! The yellow brick road? Gold bars. In the original story, Dorothy's slippers are silver. They were changed to ruby to show off the film's new color technology. If you're interested in reading further, here are some web sites that go over the basics.


http://www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/articles/wizzoz.html
http://www.halcyon.com/piglet/Populism.htm
http://acad.erskine.edu/facultyweb/gettys/history212/wizardofoz.htm
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=787442
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Most impressive PH. Congrats on all but especially the Barbers!!! You don't hear of many Barber finds. Kudos to you.

Best wishes on the surgery.

fiatboy said:
Barbers & Walkers and Bens; oh my !

(everyone now)

Barbers & Walkers and Bens; oh my ! (think Wizard of Oz)

Did you know that Frank L. Baum's novel The Wizard of Oz has a lot of precious metal symbolism in it? Think about it. What's the abbreviation for "ounce?" Oz! The yellow brick road? Gold bars. In the original story, Dorothy's slippers are silver. They were changed to ruby to show off the film's new color technology. If you're interested in reading further, here are some web sites that go over the basics.


http://www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/articles/wizzoz.html
http://www.halcyon.com/piglet/Populism.htm
http://acad.erskine.edu/facultyweb/gettys/history212/wizardofoz.htm
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=787442

Nice touch FB. Never crossed my mind.....sweet!
 
Re: More firsts from about $1000 and MANY banks today

Nice finds, expecially the Barbers. any mintmarks on those? They would be on the back.

Also what dates/Mintmarks were on the Walkers.
 
I give you the SKUNK award on your recent find.........

puckhead said:
34 - Franklins
19 - Walkers
2 - 1907 Barber Halves!!!!!

THE SILVER SKUNK AWARD!!!
skunk.webp

We all hate skunks but this mother and her kits are solid silver.

Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom