More for you guys

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called all my banks and cut off my weekly half dollar orders. Still have 6 sitting at banks to pick up and about 8 to dump. Been doing this for 3 years, Almost forgot what it's like not too. now I won't have to worry about daily pickups and drop-offs , I can start riding my bike to work, and also have time to do other things at home. I've had a great run. I'll still be placing the random 8 box order here and there, but no more pushing the limits to try and do as many per week as I can. dump banks are getting too unpleasant, and my finds have dropped ridiculously this last month. Maybe I'll do some pennies for the fun of it.

Good luck everyone, HH!

Upvote 0
My orders end next week.. I am done for the summer as well.. It is too nice out to stay inside looking through boxes all the time.. I will probably be searching a couple boxes of dimes here and there and maybe make a few bank runs looking for CWRs, but no more volume for me until winter time..

I've been gone for awhile but have been reading gonna miss your reports! Have been spending my time collecting the other precious metal lead and also been buying alot of silver,kinda back now been looking here and there with a little success nothing to brag about but holding my own good luck in all your endeavors.

So that's why two of my pick up banks had extra boxes for me today :thumbsup:

I'm the opposite of you guys, I turn into a summer vampire and just hunt-hunt-hunt!

today I called it quits too, only finding 0-2x 40% a box wasn't cutting it and summer is here

See ya around guys, I'm gonna stick to my 6 or so boxes a week....until my wife kills me anyways!

Let's not be arrogant now, it's actually nice to take a break from such volume once in a while and get a whiff of fresh air. Best of luck to you, SilverForBrains :)
My banks have been pretty unpleasant to me lately also.,
hh
buff

See ya around guys, I'm gonna stick to my 6 or so boxes a week....until my wife kills me anyways!

Let's not be arrogant now, it's actually nice to take a break from such volume once in a while and get a whiff of fresh air. Best of luck to you, SilverForBrains :)
hh
buff

If you are reading arrogance into my post, you misread it.

Now if I had said "good, glad you chumps are leaving, more halves for me!" you would have a point.

See you guy's after the summer - if you can stay away that long!!!

I've been gone for awhile but have been reading gonna miss your reports! Have been spending my time collecting the other precious metal lead and also been buying alot of silver,kinda back now been looking here and there with a little success nothing to brag about but holding my own good luck in all your endeavors.

Thanks, good luck to you this summer as well! a little here and there adds up to a lot in the end, keep chugging away and you'll eventually score big. happened to me a few times, that's the one thing I'll miss is the chance for a good score. but, I'm not gone for good, and this is actually a good chance to post all my old finds that I never had the time to! ironically my posted finds may increase. Gotta finally get that wisconsin error quarter up on here and a few others. HH

hh
buff

Thanks Buffboy, I hope you make some great scores this summer!

Just coming off a 2 month break... hit dimes hard while waiting for boxes of halfs... breaks are nice...easy to get all consumed and wrapped up in the hunt... so I did two boxes of halfs today... both skunks ... its like I never left!

Good luck in your breaks... return to the hunt when you're ready.

Good luck in your breaks... return to the hunt when you're ready.

Thanks Rushfan. I'm just not In the Mood for CRH anymore. Circumstances aren't right. So many skunks lately, it's hard to see the forest for the Trees. Plus, it's hard to get into the forum with all the new Subdivisions. I plan to stay out of the Limelight for awhile, but I'll be back eventually. Until then, I'll be Finding My Way.

:thumbsup:

Hey SFB, I totally know the feeling ( just posted about this in my thread today) way too many skunks in my neighborhood, I just can't search 24-32 boxes a week to average 1 per box or less anymore, I took my search down to 18 next week and if it's not better, I'll turn another branch off for orders to drop it to 14 boxes a week, I'm seriously considering just doing 12 a week for the summer to have time to enjoy life some more, this hobby can consume you real easy and cut you off from a normal life ( what ever that may be for people). Good luck and don't be a stranger! HH, Maverick.

Hey SFB, I totally know the feeling ( just posted about this in my thread today) way too many skunks in my neighborhood, I just can't search 24-32 boxes a week to average 1 per box or less anymore, I took my search down to 18 next week and if it's not better, I'll turn another branch off for orders to drop it to 14 boxes a week, I'm seriously considering just doing 12 a week for the summer to have time to enjoy life some more, this hobby can consume you real easy and cut you off from a normal life ( what ever that may be for people). Good luck and don't be a stranger! HH, Maverick.

yea that's what I started to realize, it wasn't just the time of doing the boxes but all the trickle down effects. Using my lunch break to pick up boxes instead of socializing with co-workers (haha, I'll probably just go to the thrift store instead, who am I kidding!), having to always drive to work, having to hide all the coins in my house everytime I leave for a few days. I had to drive further and further out to dump so my lunch breaks turned into 2 hours, which made for me getting home at like 7-8 everyday. Anyways, who knows maybe if we cut off the volume for a bit and then pick it back op our averages will also go up! it seems like every time I take a break I'm welcomed back by a big score. HH man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back