gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Putting out food for the foxes has really provided me with some great entertainment. Watching the young ones play with each other is fascinating to me. The most I had seen so far was the mother and four pups, but last evening I looked out and there were seven foxes all hanging out outside my bathroom window. As usual, photos aren't too good having to take pics through a double pane window with a small camera but this sight was so cool I had to share. They all look like young of the year with their light colored coats. DSCN3520.JPG DSCN3517.JPG

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That is so COOL, don't believe many people see seven foxes at once.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's great to see. Hope they stay with you.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Definitely a lot of foxes. I don't think I've ever seen more than a pair at a time.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat. I have only seen one fox here and it was caught on my trail cam.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does a fox say????

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Really cool! I have only seen them one at a time and only once or twice every few years. What are you feeding them?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photos! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool! I have only seen them one at a time and only once or twice every few years. What are you feeding them?

During the winter I gave the adults pork or chicken scraps, sometimes some burger meat or bacon that was getting old in my fridge. In the pics above they are eating dried cat food and a few eggs I had thrown out for them. I give them squirrel and chipmunk roadkill if I find it near my driveway. Once I gave them leftover pasta with white clam sauce from a restaurant and they really loved it. I am not putting food out every day hoping all those pups still learn to hunt. Foxes are scavengers and will eat carrion too. I imagine that by the fall some will have to move away to find their own lairs and territories, and raise their own families next spring. In the meantime I enjoy watching them play with each other, snoozing in the woods nearby, and chasing each other around.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
During the winter I gave the adults pork or chicken scraps, sometimes some burger meat or bacon that was getting old in my fridge. In the pics above they are eating dried cat food and a few eggs I had thrown out for them. I give them squirrel and chipmunk roadkill if I find it near my driveway. Once I gave them leftover pasta with white clam sauce from a restaurant and they really loved it. I am not putting food out every day hoping all those pups still learn to hunt. Foxes are scavengers and will eat carrion too. I imagine that by the fall some will have to move away to find their own lairs and territories, and raise their own families next spring. In the meantime I enjoy watching them play with each other, snoozing in the woods nearby, and chasing each other around.

Enjoy The Creators Creations...I stand in AWE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions