What's new

More from yesterday

hbrown22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
385
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is most of what we found yesterday in addition to that point, except for the big chopper. Looks like I stole a few from Painterx7's creek, haha! Pic quality is not the greatest, still feeling blah and this will have to do.

#1-everything has work except for the 3 on the very right. Preforms?
IMG_9114.webp

#2-LOVE the patina on this one. It's worked all the way around. It's 3 1/2" long, 1" wide, concave
IMG_9116.webpIMG_9119.webp

#3-cool scraper? love the color, all 4 sides worked 2" long, 1 1/2" wide
IMG_9122.webpIMG_9123.webpIMG_9124.webp

#4-didn't think this was anything at first, but it has really fine edge work. It's the piece almost in the middle.
IMG_9125.webp

#5-found this a year or two ago. chopper? Its got some heft to it and beveled on one edge. 5 1/2 long, 3" wide, 1 1/2" thick
IMG_9126.webpIMG_9127.webpIMG_9128.webpIMG_9129.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds. IMHO the piece in the 2,3 pics is a large flake tool-knife. The piece in the next few pics looks like maybe a hafted end scraper, I have one very similar made from local Jasper. Thanks for the view. Thought I might add that about half of the people that have seen my end scraper have called it an adze, I'm fine with either description.
 
Last edited:
Wow Heather I had to check to make sure it wasnt painters post, lol. Same material to the T. Thats a great hunt IMO.
 
Very nice !!!!!! That is a lot of Dover chert Omg !!!! Those pieces may be prettier that mine that point is a transitional point greenbriar I think .... Do you ever find these
 

Attachments

  • image-10153776.webp
    image-10153776.webp
    30 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1714707045.webp
    image-1714707045.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image-518105604.webp
    image-518105604.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 90
Very nice !!!!!! That is a lot of Dover chert Omg !!!! Those pieces may be prettier that mine that point is a transitional point greenbriar I think .... Do you ever find these

Nothing like that, but I've learned any shape is game! That's a really cool piece.
 
That piece is a true Dover flint quarry blank
 
Sooooo :) for you. All fine quality - love the pics. Kat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom