More gold...

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Found this last Friday when it got nice and up to about 80 degrees.
Now it got cold again and we are expecting a lot more snow so I am down in the dumps.
Will winter never end?

I will post this to relive past glories and in an effort to get me through till the real spring shows up.

This was at a new park for me, a great place that I am not sure has been hunted much due to the huge amount of high tones I was getting.
Even if someone came here to cherry pick surely they would have gotten a bunch of these, but there is also a huge amount of trash here so maybe most just avoid this place.
Trashy sites are my specialty, and I love hunting them with sniper coils and have found some of my best treasure at places like these because I have the patience to work them.

I will show a pic of all the clad I dug, most of that were those high tones I mentioned, including mostly copper pennies in that huge amount you see, and that is unusual for me to find that many and so few zincolns at any site I have ever hunted.
The few zincolns I did find were mostly in that tot lot so like I said...very unusual.

The objective was to find a silver ring, my first of the year because I am way behind in that area for this year, so this was a great place to do it.

I was there for hours, mostly hunting around one of my favorite places a large basketball court, but also a tot lot and a picnic pavilion area was hunted a bit.
I not only found all those high tone coins but this place had an unusual amount of those stupid high tone pop tops and large screw on tops that sound so good, so at the end of several hours I was tired...real tired and decided to pack it in.
I had to go back to that basketball court just one more time with the little amount of energy I had left because after all that hunting I had still not found my silver ring.

I was searching the area behind one of the goals when I came across a 32 signal on my F2.
I had dug a few of these that day and all of them were can slaw or sta-tabs, but my greatest find so far was a white gold and diamond ring I found in January that won the best jewelry award here for that month which was also a 32, and this was a real nice sounding solid tone so I had to dig it, tired or not.
I opened up a small hole and saw the end of a silver chain inside and it was no ring but it still made me happy.
I pulled it out and looked closer and thought it really doesn't look like the shiny silver chains I have found in the past and when I looked at one of the clasps I realized why.

14k Italy was stamped on it and my knees buckled for a second because of the shock!

It wasn't the silver ring I was aiming for that day, but somehow, and for some reason I still left that site a very happy guy...and with 5.6 grams of some golden goodness!

Attachments

• P1030999.jpg
    P1030999.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 118
  • P1030984.jpg
    P1030984.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
True, but it is not magnetic and came out of the ground super clean so I am leaning 99% towards the real side.
It is not super shiny, but it has been down there awhile and I assume the Rhodium plating has worn off.
I am ordering an acid test kit and will find out for sure.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, but it is not magnetic and came out of the ground super clean so I am leaning 99% towards the real side.
It is not super shiny, but it has been down there awhile and I assume the Rhodium plating has worn off.
I am ordering an acid test kit and will find out for sure.

The colour does look a little odd in the photo but the links look quality made to me, so I'm thinking your be alright.:icon_thumright:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Sure hope the gold chain turns out to be the real thing, especially as it's a groovy chain style. Since you didn't mention the excellent toy cars and the Shawnee School District pendant, are they up for grabs? :laughing7: Question about that pendant -- is the symbol a winged shoe? Any idea what it represents, like track team or whatever? Thanks for your detailed description of the hunt as I felt like we were with you every step of the way, especially enjoyable as my nagging head cold and hay fever has kept me from detecting much the past two weeks. HH Andi

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Yea, the cars are cool and even though I have not had all that much hunting time this year due to the cold and snow, these are actually my like 5th and 6th cars of the year, so far.
Funny thing is, back hunting the same kind of parks in Alabama I found none of these things.
Here in Kansas I seem to find some on almost every hunt.

The medallion is very cool and says 6th grade Olympic festival on it.
I would love to give this back to the kid that lost it because I am sure it meant something to him/her.

Attachments

• P1030988.jpg
    P1030988.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 90

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The colour does look a little odd in the photo but the links look quality made to me, so I'm thinking your be alright.:icon_thumright:

I agree with CRU, many times I have dug marked .925 Italy silver items that were actually made of a nickel alloy. Hope yours is the real deal though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread