Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stryker-one said:
Where are the game pieces?

Stryker

I NEVER said that there were game pieces. I was wondering if such a thing existed. The two round stones in this pic had me thinking. When you hold them, they are flat and the edges have similar flaking on them. I find a lot of these exact pieces in the same area. . Probably natural rock, but they do not feel like it. they are tapered down from the center outward and feel worked.

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stryker-one said:
Airborne--are you saying these are projectile points?

Stryker

No. I am saying, "these are "more items" from my site. If you take a look at my other posts, there has been some conversation regarding many of the things that I find. I wanted to show those interested just what I am talking about. This pic is a good representation of what I find. I will say that most of these IMO were not natural. meaning that they were worked or partially worked and disguarded. Some of the smaller ones have me convinced that they "May" be points. I am still a new guy at this and my opinion may change someday. i reserve that right :wink: Just having fun and sharing my items on a site designed for.......... sharing my items. I know that some of the "experts" seem to get wrapped around the axle when some new dude thinks that he has an arrowhead or artifact. The fun is in the hunt. Besides..... I like cool looking rocks, almost as much as arrowheads ;D

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
I wonder if Indians made game pieces for the kids. The two round flat stones are worked and have Knapp marks around the edges. I find quite a few of these at the site. The other stuff is a good example of what I find there.... things that don't always have flake marks but are shaped and don't feel like natural stone items. Thoughts?

You can sometimes find toys on campsites and ruin sites. Worth keeping an eye out for.

Jack

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Airborne/

Okay orientating piture:

For our purpose here. Row one: Has 4 items in it and is at top-- also has round rock.

Row two has five items and also has round rock (3rd item is to right of it) in it's row.

In Row two, third item from left, is a piece of white quartz that has four (maybe five) scars on left side, from having platform pressure flaked off. That is a Worked piece of quartz--without a doubt. Quartz is a very hard piece of lithic and will readly show scaring but sometimes it is hard to see.

I do not know what is going on at your site that is causing the material to be graded in such a fashion that you have a bunch of triangular shaped stone with tails-- I would just continue to look for flake scaring and then you will know for sure that you have found a knapped piece.

Stryker

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cannonman17 said:
IMO most are just gravel.. some of the white quartz pieces look like they were knapped.

Now there is a Surprise! :D I would have thought that you (of all people) would classify them ALL as 100% certain and valuable arrowheads hahaha. How have you been man..... I have not seen you post in a while.
P.S.
If anyone needs any gravel, My pit is about two stories high now. I may go into the paving business haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread