O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 #1 Spent the day hunting my creek. Bad light for photography, but here is what I found. Upvote 0
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #2 I really like this leaf shaped point. It's well worn (as are the rest) but nicely made.
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #3 This little point was protruding from the bank about half-way down (10'). It's not water worn. Is it fluted?
This little point was protruding from the bank about half-way down (10'). It's not water worn. Is it fluted?
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #4 Another small-ish point. This one has a pronounced tip.
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #5 This piece is not particularly distinguished but still cool.
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #6 Thumb scraper or maybe a micro core.
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #7 Finally, what I see as a hafted scraper. The pic doesn't really show the bevelled edge of the working side, but you can see crude notching on the stem. I haven't found one quite like this before and I think it's quite interesting. That's it. Thanks for looking and, as ever, I'd love help with id on anything, or just comments in general.
Finally, what I see as a hafted scraper. The pic doesn't really show the bevelled edge of the working side, but you can see crude notching on the stem. I haven't found one quite like this before and I think it's quite interesting. That's it. Thanks for looking and, as ever, I'd love help with id on anything, or just comments in general.
MAMucker Bronze Member Joined Feb 2, 2019 Messages 1,636 Reaction score 2,982 Golden Thread 0 Location Massachusetts Primary Interest: Other May 30, 2019 #8 Very Nice group! Very Nice lithic! You’ve got obsidian like we have quartz.
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 30, 2019 Thread Owner #9 MAMucker said: Very Nice group! Very Nice lithic! You’ve got obsidian like we have quartz. Click to expand... I love obsidian but sometime wish there was more variety around here. I guess, I'm pretty spoiled.
MAMucker said: Very Nice group! Very Nice lithic! You’ve got obsidian like we have quartz. Click to expand... I love obsidian but sometime wish there was more variety around here. I guess, I'm pretty spoiled.