More reasons to bust the Postal Service down to MINIMUM WAGE!

S

Smee

I order quite a bit of stuff from New Egg. Some for myself, other items for resale in my employer's store (sorry, but they sell cheaper than the wholesalers). They're kind of like the "Sam's Club" of computer parts. Finally, after 7 or 8 years, they screwed up my order . . . by sending it through the United States Postal Service.

Here's what I posted in the product rating:

Today is 7/31/2010. I don't know much about the memory I ordered on 7/26/2010, because it is in Maryland right now. It shipped from Memphis TN on 7/26/2010. My store is due south, about 3 hours driving time (Crossett, Arkansas). Instead of taking an indirect route here, apparently the U.S.P.S. is playing keep away.

First it went to Forest Park, GA first. Then back to Memphis, TN. Then New Hebron, MO . . . but it decided it liked the weather in Forest Park, GA, so it went back. Then it remembered it forgot something in Memphis, TN.

From there, it decided it wanted to try a different part of the country, so today it is in Maryland.

Ever wonder why your postage keeps going up? I would say FREAKIN INCOMPETENCE by the Postal Service EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT!!!

I hope New Egg doesn't make this screw up again. Keep sending everything by UPS. At least they won't try to see how far away they can send it first.

Maybe if they could run their logistics as well as that girl who never finished the 10th grade . . . my customer wouldn't be upset at me for requesting payment in advance for an off the wall type of memory.

So for a trip of about 150 miles, it has travelled OVER 2,500 miles (as the crow flies). Goodness they're smart. No wonder they need more money, they've pissed that $2 to heck.

Smee said:
I order quite a bit of stuff from New Egg. Some for myself, other items for resale in my employer's store (sorry, but they sell cheaper than the wholesalers). They're kind of like the "Sam's Club" of computer parts. Finally, after 7 or 8 years, they screwed up my order . . . by sending it through the United States Postal Service.

Here's what I posted in the product rating:

Today is 7/31/2010. I don't know much about the memory I ordered on 7/26/2010, because it is in Maryland right now. It shipped from Memphis TN on 7/26/2010. My store is due south, about 3 hours driving time (Crossett, Arkansas). Instead of taking an indirect route here, apparently the U.S.P.S. is playing keep away.

First it went to Forest Park, GA first. Then back to Memphis, TN. Then New Hebron, MO . . . but it decided it liked the weather in Forest Park, GA, so it went back. Then it remembered it forgot something in Memphis, TN.

From there, it decided it wanted to try a different part of the country, so today it is in Maryland.

Ever wonder why your postage keeps going up? I would say FREAKIN INCOMPETENCE by the Postal Service EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT!!!

I hope New Egg doesn't make this screw up again. Keep sending everything by UPS. At least they won't try to see how far away they can send it first.

Maybe if they could run their logistics as well as that girl who never finished the 10th grade . . . my customer wouldn't be upset at me for requesting payment in advance for an off the wall type of memory.

So for a trip of about 150 miles, it has travelled OVER 2,500 miles (as the crow flies). Goodness they're smart. No wonder they need more money, they've pissed that $2 to heck.

I've heard similar UPS stories. I think many times packages get moved around like this because they don't want it there early to make sure they only give you what you paid for.

Last Fall I was waiting for a fairly valuable package through UPS, and it was already a day behind having been held up in customs. Finally when it made it to my area, and even though the early morning tracking stated "out for delivery," it stayed on the truck all damn day and was checked back in at 7pm without any attempt to deliver. So I agree, stuff like your situation, and mine, really does tick a person off.

Minimum wage is a great idea.

They plan on raising postage again first thing next year.
& are trying to cut saturdays out to save money.

Imagine how much they could save just
cutting their wages :thumbsup:

Cut the wages way back and redo the retirement program. I've had many experiences like this from the USPS. Like taking 5 business days for a 1st class letter to go 85 miles.
It's all just typical government "efficiency".

I sent a detector to NH, 14 days. I got a radio 15 days after it shipped from NY. I urge everyone to check out UPS, Fed Ex, Airborne Express, DHL, etc. I think there is some website that compares rates for at least 3 of them. Best wishes, George (MN)

Still travelling . . . went back to GA from MD, now back in MD again.

That's an awful lot of travelling for 99 cents.

But at least they now admit it was "missent". WOW!!! Ya think?

All in all, I think they do a good job. They are literally handling millions of parcels, letters, not to mention the bulk division with all the paper inserts and yet a majority of this is delivered on time. Do you really have any clue to the logistics involved, or the amount of outside vendors used :icon_scratch: I think you have to keep in mind that you're not paying a personal valet for this service, rather they have a ton of cooks in the kitchen and also utilize a few hundred outsourced kitchens. So, it's not always a matter of a straight line being the shortest distance.

The package has made at least THREE trips to Forest Park, GA, two trips to Memphis, TN (where it originated from) as well as a trip to New Hebron, MO and Hebron, KY . . . and this morning completed its second trip to MD. They can track it. They know where it is. It has a tracking number just like a UPS or FEDEX package.

So, how much more stupid must stupid be before we can call it incompetence?

It's called Murphy's Law... Things happen, I am sure the post office didn't need the aggravation either over 1 piece of mail. Yes, they will make mistakes while handling millions of pieces. I will still have to say they are doing a good job overall. I don't know what type of business you're in, but I am sure you have also made some mistakes, we all do. Again, I understand it's an inconvenience to you and your customer, but it happens. Again, you also have to keep in mind that it could be the fault of the vendor.

As a matter of fact, each of the other providers mentioned like Fed-ex & DHL also use outside vendors and they face the same problem. That is just the nature of distribution.

packerbacker said:
UPS finally delivered a package to where I work 10 YEARS late!!!

If it was a big box of gold better late than sooner!

No, not deliberately done . . .

The USPS has gone in and edited most of the tracking information so that now it only shows going form Memphis to GA to KY to MD.

The rest of the info has been removed, and shows package is "on schedule". Shipped on 7/26/2010, today is 8/3/2010 - - - it was only going 150 miles from Memphis and is still in Maryland. These jerks need to be in the unemployment line and give their jobs to folks who know their head from their butts.

Personally I think the U.S.P.S. does a pretty good job considering they handle over 500 million pieces of mail on a daily basis. Of course they screw up every now and then, don't you? If you expect perfection your just being unrealistic.

On second thought.....Maybe they know it's you so they did this on purpose? Yeah that's it, they remember you from last time and have taken it to a personal level. doh!.gif

Attachments

• doh!.gif
    doh!.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 292
A friend of mine shipped a package across town(same town), by UPS. He could have driven there in about 20 minutes, but he always shipped his packages by UPS. Anyway, the package left the atate of Georgia, went to New York, then was routed back to Georgia. It only took 5 days for his customer to recieve their package from UPS. He asked, and was told that everything has to go through one of their main hubs to get routed to its destination. So much for the modern age of shipping. rockhound

diggummup said:
On second thought.....Maybe they know it's you so they did this on purpose? Yeah that's it, they remember you from last time and have taken it to a personal level.

You're funny

It finally arrived this morning . . . in a crisp NEW envelope with a shipping date of 8/2/2010 . . . PHYSICALLY DAMAGED.

I can understand your feelings.

I have never been burned by the post office before. They've always done right by me.

Sorry to hear you have had such a lousy experience. I'd be mad too.

Even though it was errantly mis-routed, the obvious attempt to cover up their mistake would have negated any forgiveness or understanding on my part.
I'd be raising Cain about it.

If the product was damaged I would call the vendor and insist they reship new product via UPS NDA RED at thier expense. I'd be nice about it but wouldn't take no for an answer. Being in the distribution business my self, I have been on both sides of that situation. Vendors are usually willing to satisfy their customers over all.
Mr. P

Smee said:
It finally arrived this morning . . . in a crisp NEW envelope with a shipping date of 8/2/2010 . . . PHYSICALLY DAMAGED.

Well, now you really have a right to gripe, poor service and damaged goods. I guess it got damaged along one of its many side road trips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back