Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this weekend to an area I have been keeping my eye on in the last few months..They are tearing out old brick roads in a Historic part of town and I got Lucky this weekend.

I was working this one area where they tore the road out and the median was sliding down. First 15 minutes, i had only dug up a couple memorials...Then I got a good shallow hit, figuring it was another memorial, I scooped it up quickly, and saw that beautiful Silver edge :hello2:...1901 Barber Dime!

I was EXTREMLY happy to see it was a Barber too ...I have only found one other Barber Dime and it was a 1911 in horrible condition.

This goes to show you that not every old coin is down there deep..I know i got lucky from the median sliding down hill...But I will take Luck ANY DAY!

I also found a few other goodies....4 wheats...some vinatage jewlery and this Northern Texas Traction Company Button..I was thinking all day what those letters stood for, then it dawned on me. A few months ago I found a North Texas Tract Company Fare token...what are the odds of finding another item related to it??...anyway

Thanks for readin!

Attachments

• 11-3-13_Back Barber Out of the hole.jpg
    11-3-13_Back Barber Out of the hole.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 11-3-2013_1901 Dime Front.jpg
    11-3-2013_1901 Dime Front.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 11-3_other finds.jpg
    11-3_other finds.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 11-3_NothernTexasTrac Button.jpg
    11-3_NothernTexasTrac Button.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 2
Most of the sidewalk tearouts i've hit, the finds were not very deep. If it's within your means and you can get permission, you should find out where they hauled off some of that dirt to. I love tearouts, but they can be extremely hit or miss. Congrats on the Barber

Great find on the Barber 1901 dime! Good going following the tearout work of brick paved streets, they are usually really old and can hold some nice coins etc. Keep up good work!

Most of the sidewalk tearouts i've hit, the finds were not very deep. If it's within your means and you can get permission, you should find out where they hauled off some of that dirt to. I love tearouts, but they can be extremely hit or miss. Congrats on the Barber

I hear you on hit and miss...I have done probally 10 of these in the past with not much but wheats to show for...My last one was a 1906 V Nickel on this same tear out....its great because it goes on for miles

Congrats on your Barber dime! Old stuff under the sidewalks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back