May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Land-Mag & I went to see what was left at some of our old haunts. What we were not expecting is that 2 of the known Sites close together have been deep ploughed. As we were already there, we did the edge that wasn't ploughed yet & I tried the ankle breaker in wet conditions. Not easy but I couldn't resist to test what had come up.
2 Hours for me produced:
8 Roman Coins
Roman Domed Leather Mount - Military Cavalry
2 Buttons

I hoping they do the other 2 nearby Sites - Brooch Field & Copse Field. But I think they are leaving them as ankle breakers until the Spring drilling.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Upvote 9

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they leave them as ankle breakers rain and frost will break the lumps down well before spring. That will give you time to detect before they start spring drilling. :thumbsup: Wish you good luck there. Two good sites with deep ploughing get you more good finds!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they leave them as ankle breakers rain and frost will break the lumps down well before spring. That will give you time to detect before they start spring drilling. :thumbsup: Wish you good luck there. Two good sites with deep ploughing get you more good finds!
Hopefully, as doing 4 large Sites in a tight window will be impossible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread