More Silver from the Park!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Went to a north side Chicago park for a few hours this morning. I found a few mercs there last weekend. First old coin I found today was a 1935 Merc. Found several wheaties including a 1918/1919 pocket spill of 4 wheaties. Then moved to another location at the park. Got a nice quarter signal and got a 1904 Barber Quarter. Checked the dirt I took out of the hole and there was a 1907D Barber Quarter also! They are both pretty worn and likely lost in the 1930s/40s but they are my first barber quarters this year. Ended up with the 3 silver, 7 wheaties (18, 19(2), 19D, 41, 45D, 53D) and a 1941 Canadian penny.

001.jpg

WOW AWESOME job on them old Barbers!!! I would love to find a multi barber hole!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

totally awesome coinage, wtg! I SEE YOUR LIKING THE ETRAC !

Hellova day, WTG!!! :thumbsup: How deep were the Barbers?

WTG PS

2 Barber Quarters that awesome...

Never got 2 in one day.....

oh ya a nice merc to kick in there too.

I guess it was Barber weekend. You, Jon, Tman, and I got Barbers this weekend. Sweet digs Pat!

Nice finds. Congrats on the Barbers!

Litefire56 - Regarding the depth. They were only about 4 inches down. They were not next to trash and I don't think they were on edge because it was a real strong signal. Not sure how they avoided a coil for so many years. The other Mercs I found at this location have been more iffy signals surrounded by trash that I was able to identify by going real, real slow with the Etrac.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back