timbobwey
Bronze Member
Ok, I called around some banks on Friday. One of them said they had 60 in halves, a bunch of other banks had several hundred in halves. So I hit the road.
The first bank I got to was the one who said they had $60. When I got there, I asked for the halves. The teller comes out and says they only had $40. Another teller tells her that she has silver dollar rolls. I asked if I could have them as well, and asked for the 60 in halves too. She hands them to me, 40 in big dollars, 60 in halves. I got to all the other banks, get $100 dimes, and $600 more in halves. Out of all the coins here are the totals.
halves- a 1972 gold dipped half
a 1983 gold dipped half counter stamped 1960 and 1980 ( I found one of these about 5 months ago too)
a 1964 ken My only silver half this trip
a 1982 no fg, AU condition.
dimes- 3 lousy Canadians, no silver
Big dollars- 2 1972 ikes, both high relief modified version, one in AU shape, one in ok shape
and a 1921D Morgan!! I'd say in MS 60, a sweet coin. The D on this coin is tiny, does anyone know if there was a micro D that year?? My book doesn't say so, but it seems very small.
Most of the other big dollars were 1976 ikes. This is the first time a bank has ever had rolled big dollars for me, but I never really ask for them because they normally don't have them. I will ask for them from now on, even though I know it will be rare to come across them.
The first bank I got to was the one who said they had $60. When I got there, I asked for the halves. The teller comes out and says they only had $40. Another teller tells her that she has silver dollar rolls. I asked if I could have them as well, and asked for the 60 in halves too. She hands them to me, 40 in big dollars, 60 in halves. I got to all the other banks, get $100 dimes, and $600 more in halves. Out of all the coins here are the totals.
halves- a 1972 gold dipped half
a 1983 gold dipped half counter stamped 1960 and 1980 ( I found one of these about 5 months ago too)
a 1964 ken My only silver half this trip
a 1982 no fg, AU condition.
dimes- 3 lousy Canadians, no silver
Big dollars- 2 1972 ikes, both high relief modified version, one in AU shape, one in ok shape
and a 1921D Morgan!! I'd say in MS 60, a sweet coin. The D on this coin is tiny, does anyone know if there was a micro D that year?? My book doesn't say so, but it seems very small.
Most of the other big dollars were 1976 ikes. This is the first time a bank has ever had rolled big dollars for me, but I never really ask for them because they normally don't have them. I will ask for them from now on, even though I know it will be rare to come across them.
Upvote
0
A 1921 Morgan!!!! That's insane!!!! 






