More Snow On The Way This Weekend

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Minnesota too. Used the ice chopper this morning to get rid of ice from last week's snow, bought more gas for the snowblower and threw half a dozen socks full of ice melt onto the roof to melt the ice dams. Boy I sure do love winter.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one year it snowed over night and I lost the snow scoop went too work the next day and the purchasing order person for the company comes walking in with a metal detector
I asked what's up he said he needed it to find his snow scoop I asked him if I could barrow it he was all ready borrowing it from Kenny siegone
so I asked and he let me barrow it and he said yes
10 steps from the door between the house and the garodge had a solid beep found it
little did I know I used a white's 5900 di pro all I know is he payed over 600.00 bucks for it at the time and that turned me off never gave it a second thought until now this was in the early 90's.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one year it snowed over night and I lost the snow scoop went too work the next day and the purchasing order person for the company comes walking in with a metal detector
I asked what's up he said he needed it to find his snow scoop I asked him if I could barrow it he was all ready borrowing it from Kenny siegone
so I asked and he let me barrow it and he said yes
10 steps from the door between the house and the garodge had a solid beep found it
little did I know I used a white's 5900 di pro all I know is he payed over 600.00 bucks for it at the time and that turned me off never gave it a second thought until now this was in the early 90's.

Funny, similar story for me. I lost the ice chopper after a big storm. I knew it was likely buried along side the driveway, so I fired up the Xterra and found it in minutes. Wish digging it out would have been as fast.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In case you haven't seen it, this cartoon in the Sunday Comics awhile back is quite appropriate for us folks in New England and any one else who can't go detecting because of just too much snow on the ground.

Follow the link below for a good chuckle and enjoy:

Non Sequitur Comic Strip, January 20, 2013 on GoComics.com

I'm not enjoying any of these, Mat since I'm over here in Rhode Island and stuck like you! Thanks for the giggle though!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just watched NBC news with Brain Williams and he was talking about you poor souls up north:( ,looked like Chicago was really getting it with snow,it's almost sad to say that the wildflowers are starting to come out here in Texas.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm laughing only because I've done that very thing! We got snow on our way here too. . . . . no detecting this weekend for me.

HH
PTP

malahide66

Feb 17, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
BH tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Live in merrimac valley near NH border. Got first detector in mail today,open box, watch forecast, hang head in disgust. Spring cant come soon enough!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we should all get together and have a snow party. Here on frozen Lake Champlain we got just a dusting of the white stuff, but less than 40 miles from here where I had to go yesterday, 28 inches fell I a little over 7 hours. Sure am glad I'm leaving for sunny Fla. in 3 weeks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread