What's new

Morgans, WLs & Bens, Oh My! Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morgan's, WLs & Bens, Oh My! Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Well folks, dreams really do come true!!! I stopped into my local credit union today during lunch really looking for a box of pennies but decided to ask for halves because I always do. This branch never really has any half dollars and I know one guy dumps all of his re-rolls on this branch so I never expect very much. At any rate, I ask a smiley young teller if she has any halves and she says yes, and starts grabbing them out of her change drawer. I immediately hear clanking and see silver! She scoops up some halves, then scoops some more and sets them out on the counter!!! :laughing7: My heart rate must have hit 200. :o Since I am a seasoned pro now, I also ask if she has any large dollars and she says "Yes, two!" ;D

I thank the teller and leave and call my wife informing her of the good news but in my excitement and haste I forgot to buy any pennies. I went back to the same teller a few minutes later and asked if that person dropped off any penny rolls, nickels, dimes, quarters, etc. and she said no. I take the opportunity to ask who brought in the halves and dollars and she said "some lady cleaned out her dad's basement and found these and brought them in." "How long have you had them, I ask?" "Since Saturday, she replies." I buy the pennies, thank her again and leave...man am I lucky to find these gems 5 days later!!! :thumbsup:

Total take:

[2] Morgan Dollars (1921 & 1921S) :thumbsup:
[11] Walking Liberty ('39, 2x'41, '41D, 2x'42, 2x'43, '45, '45S, '46S) :thumbsup:
[12] Ben Franklin ('50, '51, '51S, 3x'52, '54D, '57D, '58, '59D, '62, '63D) :thumbsup:
[3] '64 Kennedy and...
[1] happy camper!!! :tongue3:

I feel so very lucky, and so very blessed!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Attachments

  • silver.webp
    silver.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 785
Upvote 0
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Wow! That's a fantastic haul!! The moral of the story for the rest of us is that it pays to ask no matter what you expect to hear ;D
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Thats really not fair for the rest of us :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Are you kidding me?! That's more Bens and Walkers than I would expect to find in 1-2 years of searching. Great haul $ilver$urfer :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Amazing haul!!!! :notworthy:

I had a great pull this week too, check out my post "My first bag, and it was a home run"

It's encouraging to see that other people are having just as good luck as I am :hello2:
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

That is alsome you sure was lucky that they was still there.....Matt
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

$ilver$urfer,
Nice score! Congratulations. :icon_thumleft:
I'm very happy for you, that is a great find. Take that teller a flower! :wink:
Steve
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Holy smokers!!!The silver gods have smiled upon you in a big way :thumbsup:
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

wow!!! thats really amazing!!!!!!!! so much 90% that wen i saw the pic i almost went blind!!! amazing!!!
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Awesome score! Great job on remembering the large dollars... someday I'll get a morgan or peace, someday! Love the older half dollars, so cool!
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Good job! I hope I have the same luck tomorrow when I get my half dollars that are coming in.
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Congrats! I love those big ol' dollars!
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

I thought I had a good day getting a 1964 & 1967 out of $41 in loose halves at a bank. Puts me to shame nice haul.
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

I told my sis not to clean that basement without me! Oh well... LOL :laughing9:

Congrats on the score! Bring that little teller a box of chocolates (you can afford it now!) and remind her to hold any and all she gets...that youll come back and check often. Never hurts to check with those tellers. They're our best friends and worst nightmares all rolled into one. God bless 'em!
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

agreed, the one thing I have learned in my short time doing this meth-level of addicting hobby..... Tellers are our friends :) No matter how obtuse they might seem to be, all you have to do is talk to them nicely and they will eventually crumble and help you out! Except for one teller I had once, who came over to the lady giving me half dollars and picked the silver out in front of me..... my heart crumbled when she did that. I still think I have found more than her this year though :wink:
 
Re: Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Nice silver stash you got there SS! :headbang:
 
Re: Morgan's, WLs & Bens, Oh My! Best Silver Score of My Life (so far)!!!

Simply amaizing score with the morgans. Love to see the silver

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom