MORGANTOWN, WVA!?

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spend a good amount of time working in Morgantown. I try to detect when/where I can, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to choose from if you aren't familiar with the area. I usually end up on the WVU campus or outlying areas. One thing I've learned, anywhere there are a lot of college students, you're going to find a lot of beer bottle caps and pull tabs! :BangHead:
If you are feeling generous, I'd love to get permission to hunt on any property you might want to make available!

warren

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
Have you tried the law center hill? The one opposite WVU foot ball stadium. It's a very steep hill but in the winter many people slead down it and get afraid and bail out. Check the hill all the way down to the bottom in the gravel (cheese grater lot).

Also try Woodburn elementry school. I went there. It opened in the teens on the 20th century. Pleanty of goods there. Parsons and Fortney St. I believe.

Good luck man!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chico rico said:
Have you tried the law center hill? The one opposite WVU foot ball stadium. It's a very steep hill but in the winter many people slead down it and get afraid and bail out. Check the hill all the way down to the bottom in the gravel (cheese grater lot).

Also try Woodburn elementry school. I went there. It opened in the teens on the 20th century. Pleanty of goods there. Parsons and Fortney St. I believe.

Good luck man!

I tailgate every year at the top of law school hill and I can tell you that many people (not me) toss their caps and pull tabs down the hill. There is probably a fair amount of clad as well, but battling the steep hill and trash will probably not be worth it.

Deckers Creek has some history.

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv
As Of Late This Month Ive Spent Some Good Ol Time On The Walmart Road
Lots Of Old Coins Ive Gotten Several Buffolo Head Nickels And Some Great Wheaties And Have Searched Several
Ice Slides Of The Cliffs Gold Glitter Is Present But Ive Not Botered Because Its Too Fine For Me To Waist My Time On
But I Keep A Searchin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions