Most Important Finds of the Day!!!!!!!!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Well, I have been contemplating posting these finds, but believe they too also need to be recognized. I have been only detecting the beach this winter and have been bothered by the amount of trash I see every single time I hunt. I saw a special on Oprah regarding the huge garbage swirl the size of Texas in the middle of every major ocean consisting of mostly plastic. The largest percent of the trash finds its way to the swirl from garbage thats is blown in the water from land. I believe Jacques Cousteau's son is heading up the cleaning. While I was out today and everytime I am at the beach or land detecting I make a point of grabbing as much garbage as I can. I am posting the garbage I grabbed today. If I go back tomorrow I guarantee the same amount of trash will be there again. I use the plastic bags I find to hold the other trash. At one point the wind blew a plastic bag by me into the water. I ran and grabbed it with the coil of my detector. There were 6 Shaws Market grocery bags. I believe Ireland charges 5 cents a bag to customers, which caused most people to use there own non plastic bags. I think California has banned plastic bags in super markets. :icon_scratch:
Well I just think our metal detecting community can make a difference if we all do our part to make an effort in picking up trash before leaving our sites. Just my two cents. :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,517
  • IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,523
  • IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,516
  • IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,501
  • IMG_2215.JPG
    IMG_2215.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,499
  • IMG_2220.JPG
    IMG_2220.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,468
  • IMG_2219.JPG
    IMG_2219.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,467
  • IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,488
  • IMG_2217.JPG
    IMG_2217.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,489
  • IMG_2216.JPG
    IMG_2216.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,503
  • IMG_2221.JPG
    IMG_2221.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,472
Upvote 0

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
Thanks for picking it up , :icon_thumleft:
Most people would not pick up trash, they just move it with there foot :icon_scratch:
We as people , need to do whats right and pick up the trash we see out there :icon_thumleft:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Thank you for picking up the trash. I would hope at least 3/4 of us here do pick up the trash where we are detecting. IT would be nice if we all do it, but there are those slackers out there. Of course it would be nice if the idiots that bring the trash would throw it away.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

OP
OP
Garabaldi

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Detectingfreak said:
Why are you showing trash?
I found it today and this section is "Todays Finds". :dontknow:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job G :thumbsup: Breezie

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austria is the same way, they charge for grocery bags so most people bring their own reusable bags. What a great idea. I see these plastic bags as another one of Chinas tricks to ruin the USA.

OP
OP
Garabaldi

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Thanks Breezie and I agree SkyPirate. :wink:

SFHunter

Feb 1, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Job!!!

Everytime I walk or metal detect, I have a plastic bag just for picking up garbage. #1, you helping all of us out by picking up garbage. #2, I made the mistake of detecting on Federal property (was unclear on the boundary, thought I was on county property and not fed property) and got busted big time. The ranger was not friendly until I showed him my finds, and he saw that I has picked up a lot of garbage as well, he changed his attitude and pulled out a map to show me where I could detect. He thank me for picking up the garbage and informed me that he could issue a ticket and take my equipment but due to the garbage that I had picked up, he felt I was a good person deserving of a break. Lessoned learned...

OP
OP
Garabaldi

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
It is sad all the trash out there. I have never seen the numerous people with dogs on the beach or folks walking the beach ever pick any off the trash up. It amazes me that everyone just walks by it all. My metal detecting club has a code in our membership that we shall pick up all trash that we dig and if possible as much trash we run across. I am glad you all (except one) who have responded to this post feel the same. Its time to start cleaning up after ourselves.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Thank you for the post. I do the same. I hunt a lot in a large park that has been used for nearly 100 years. It has a few good ponds and in just that area the amount of gabage is amazing. I make certain I take my garbage dug and will also do my best to collect the debris others leave. I at least have the satisfaction I leave a place better than when I got there and hopefully by example get others to do the same. And it certainly helps me later when the park guys come by--they leave me alone.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The supermarket chain i work for now sells tote bags .99 they hold twice as much as plastic bags they are made from recycled plastic heavy duty and are bio-degradable and best of all reusable the majority of customer,s now use them last year on the beach i found a leather back turtle about 500lbs they say washed up it had a big plastic bag hanging out of its mouth that turtle was around a long long time !! seeing something like that really angers me >:( .Thats great what your doing every little bit helps HH on a clean beach Jim :thumbsup:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hike and hunt in Korea. And, on the top of some of the highest, most unused mts......there is the garbage.
I pick it up, put it in my backpack and pack it back down the mt.
Honorable mention for this post, for sure.

F

Felinepeachy

creeper71 said:
exactly IP.. Those bags an wrappers get into the water an sea animals an fish try to eat them an die from it..

YES! Plastic bags and the like, kill!

Attachments

• sealplastic.jpg
    sealplastic.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,084
  • turtle72.jpg
    turtle72.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • plasticalbatross.jpg
    plasticalbatross.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,105

catbird

Oct 18, 2008
raleigh
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
if everyone would pick up 10 peices of trash a day this world wouldnt be so bad to look at. but that will never happen cause we are considered animals and animals dont pick up trash, unless we are trained. im not talking about some, there are a few that relize the importance of keeping the enviroment clean for our future children to live in. if we continue to let our country or countries to be littered, then we have failed. in america, we are a lazy people, we are over weight, lazy, and got to the point that we just dont care. again, there are a few that do care but that is not enough to set things right. heres an example: i was downtown the other day, and i was walking by a bus stop and cought a glimse of a lady eating a candy bar before the bus came. the trash can was sitting no further than a couple of feet to her left. she dropped the wrapper on the edge of the curb in front of her. i ask her why she did what she did. her answer was she had just got off work and was to tired to move. that just shows how lazy we are becoming. thanks for hearing me out , and lets keep picking up the trash maybe we can train others to do the same. catbird....

F

Felinepeachy

Imagine the revenue that would be generated if people actually were fined for littering. I mean, they say it's illegal but you never see someone getting a ticket for doing it. We need a "Crackdown on Crap!" campaign. :tongue3:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Imagine the revenue that would be generated if people actually were fined for littering. I mean, they say it's illegal but you never see someone getting a ticket for doing it. We need a "Crackdown on Crap!" campaign. :tongue3:
Not in this drip water town you get caught tossing a paper cup out the window your pulled over its a 85.00 sur-charge plus the fine 150.00 i been to Vermont that is one really clean state why because the fines are huge to litter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread