Mostly Bullets

MSRelic

Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, Etrac
Got out this afternoon with my F75 LTD. Hunted a Union campsite I have been hunting for years with my old 1265X. There was a particularly trashy part of the campsite I tried to hunt several times but always gave up due to the extreme iron and rusty nail burden in the ground. This trashy ground was due to an old house that had been built over a portion of the campsite in the early 1900s. Well today I tried that trashy ground again with my F75 LTD. Got 7 nice bullets (including a 69 caliber), a badly corroded wheat cent that appears to be dated 1915, and the back half of a cuff button (bummer).

I used the stock 11x7 DD coil in bP mode, sens 70, disc 0, 2f tones. I'll be going back with the 5" DD.

IMG_1108-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice lead :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Looks like the F75 does ok. I would still dig some of the big iron to get it out of the way though. I've dug plates that were hidden by big iron plus at one house site I dug an 1860's pistol and an 1840's dragoon sword in the scabbard by digging big iron signals.

OP
OP
MSRelic

MSRelic

Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, Etrac
vayank54 said:
Looks like the F75 does ok. I would still dig some of the big iron to get it out of the way though. I've dug plates that were hidden by big iron plus at one house site I dug an 1860's pistol and an 1840's dragoon sword in the scabbard by digging big iron signals.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll do just that next time out.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, finding part of a button sucks!

I guess it was 2 or 3 years ago Romeo (member here) and I were hitting one of my little Rev War sites that had already given up about about a dozen pewter buttons. (all Rev War military) We had checked the site many times, and finally on this particular trip the field had been plowed. I knew not to expect much as I had beat it pretty good, but the plow usually did turn up a few targets, and almost always 1 decent button. So we were swinging away, and I seen right on the surface a boneback button.... which at this site I was almost certain would be a Rev War Officer button, and something I had waited a very long time for. I didn't touch it, and called Romeo over so he could be there at the moment I unveiled my best find of the day, hunt, and most likely year. So with great anticipation I flipped over the button to see it was only the back! I couldn't believe it and man talk about the wind being blow out of my sails. :-\

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lead. I have been impressed with the way the F75 can separate good and iron signals. If you get both good and bad display readings over a target, DIG IT. HH and welcome to Tnet.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the CW bullets & welcome to TN. :occasion14: :occasion18: :wave:
-MM-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The minie's still put a smile on my face.....never get's old.Great save's :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions