What's new

Mother's Day weekend finds

arrow86

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
3,377
Reaction score
4,083
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my mom out on Sunday to hunt she's been out a few times recently but hasn't found a good point in a few years so it was nice to see how happy she was finding a few decent ones. We went to a good spot in the river but due to the high winds keeping the tide from going out we didn't have any beach to check so we took about a 35 mile drive out to where I grew up and found my first points. It's a good site that produces a lot of early to mid woodland artifacts.
We each found a nice knife
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983699.552065.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983715.952126.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983727.537906.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983742.457280.webp
I found the yellow quartz which we don't see much of out there so it was a neat find
Mom found these nice intact points
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983841.032009.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983855.432554.webp
I had a day of brokes but still had fun this guy is really odd looking ...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983908.122773.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983938.321278.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983954.774016.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494983972.626056.webp
Also found this not sure what it would have been had been worked around the edges and on one side looks pretty worn any body have any guesses?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494984055.114136.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494984070.684821.webp
All in all a good day a lot of family issues going on so it was nice to see my mom relaxed and not stressed for a day
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice= wow looks like some of those have been in the river for 1000 years! That last one is interesting, but I just don't know what it is. In my world (amateur ) I'd call it a scraper and be satisfied. :)
 
Nice= wow looks like some of those have been in the river for 1000 years! That last one is interesting, but I just don't know what it is. In my world (amateur ) I'd call it a scraper and be satisfied. :)

Thank you .... Sorry I didn't mention all finds were field finds but yeah some of them do look very worn I think the quartz starts to wear down faster than most
Materials
 
Ya'll had a great day together and productive too! All great finds! and I see you have a mom like me who loves to hunt too! My youngest son went with me to the creek and chopped down over hanging briars and stuff but I didn't have any luck, still it was great quality time with him and I love that the most.
 
Nice finds man and a great way to spend mothers day. Good job to both of ya :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice finds in my book... Pretty cool your mama hunts points with you too

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
Are you sure that yellow stuff is quartz? It looks like beryl to me.
 
I think a lot of the grainy stone will break and weather down when the cortex is removed. It might takes a few thousand of years but it happens. Nice saves
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom