What's new

Mountainman finally goes to the barber

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening everyone. Just made a nice find and wanted to share it. Here goes.
Yesterday, i made my usual rounds asking for rolls of cents. While i'm there, i ask if they have any halves.At my final stop of the day, another teller tells me she has 450.00 in the vault but i would have to wait until today.She told me they were bank rolled so i figured that they rolled the halves that came out of the coincounter.
So i stop by today with cash in hand and she's nowhere to be found. Left for the day.A call to her cellphone from another teller and she came back and brought out 450.00 in the familar machine rolled yellow wrappers. She told me someone had bought 5 rolls for his business and left the rest.
Started opening them on the drive home and saw 2-40%ers in the 1st roll, good start, then a walker in the next. Very good start. Was finding silver in almost every roll. Had to stop to pick up a few things but opened the balance before i went inside. Walkers were showing up in every other roll, i saw another worn rim and figured it was another walker. After 2 1/2 years, my 1st Barber ;D. A 1911. Then a short time later, another unusual coin shows up, a 1910 Rupee from India that looks like silver. It's in good condition minus a scratch on the one side.
The dates of the walkers are 1917-S(rev),1920(2),1929-S,1934(2),1935-D,1936-D,1938,1939-S,1940-S,1942-S,1943-S(3),1945-S,AND 1946-S. Totals for 45 rolls are 17 walkers, 2 bens, 2-1964s,38-40%ers, a 1987-s proof,an atlantic city casino token for 50cents, and of course the 1910 Rupee and 1911 Barber half.
Superstitious anyone?The store cashier rang up my totals.It was $7.77 :wink: Thanks for reading, good luck everyone. MM2 with a haircut.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3165.webp
    DSCN3165.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN3167.webp
    DSCN3167.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN3169.webp
    DSCN3169.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN3170.webp
    DSCN3170.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
Welcome to the club! :headbang:
 
Great score. Nice rupee and Barber. Nice array of walkers too.

Mojo
 
Well congrats MM!!! After 2 1/2 years~~~you were due buddy. Well deserved. I am excited for you. I know you are one of the guys in the group when I first started so I am VERY happy for you. That is an excellent haul on the Walkers too!!! Phew, what a day. I know you had fun....ha.

Now, were you surprised/shocked when you saw the Barber and realized what it is?? Welcome to the club!!

I tell you, that is a great teller there to come back to get those out of the vault!!! Kudos to her for going out of her way. I am not sure how many would do that but you had a good one there.

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS


Good luck on the next hunt and keep em coming.................
 
Grats on the shave! Got my haircut in my first $1k in halves ever searched (1894) .... anything's possible! I would call that a dream haul, the foreign coin sure looks silver to me.....beautiful! ffd
 
Welcome in to our club! Nice Barb. and nice load of silver.

Golden Silver
 
Nice score - still waiting on my entry into the club :( Congrats!

Maine_Jim
 
Great Score ! The Rupee is indeed silver and a 1910 is currently on ebay for a whopping $630.00 :hello2:
 
Wow, I just found my first walker the other day. Can't wait to join the Barber club. Congrats!
 
Welcome to the club! That is a nice Barber.
 
Awesome Barber score! Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
Nice haul, must have been a box from the good ole days, shame she didn't have a vault full. Congrats, HH Mark
 
LJ said:
Well congrats MM!!! After 2 1/2 years~~~you were due buddy. Well deserved. I am excited for you. I know you are one of the guys in the group when I first started so I am VERY happy for you. That is an excellent haul on the Walkers too!!! Phew, what a day. I know you had fun....ha.

Now, were you surprised/shocked when you saw the Barber and realized what it is?? Welcome to the club!!

I tell you, that is a great teller there to come back to get those out of the vault!!! Kudos to her for going out of her way. I am not sure how many would do that but you had a good one there.

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS


Good luck on the next hunt and keep em coming.................
Thanks everyone.LJ, that teller really did go out of her way for me, she even supplied me with a cloth bag to put the rolls in. Not many tellers would come back after their shift is over.I was hoping for a barber, but wasn't expecting one. I let out a big yell in the middle of the parking lot when i spotted it. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom