MS Gulf Coast beach hunts

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
This weekend my wife and I went to Long Beach, MS to visit my parents for Father's Day. While there, the wife went metal detecting with me both mornings. I don't go wading when she is with me, so the most I did was go a few feet worth into the ocean while walking the shoreline. Most of my hunting was done on the water line, the dry sand and beach-side parks, but we did hit 3 different coastal towns. I ended up with about $6 in change, a flattened penny that read Biloxi, 3 junk rings and a silver earring. I didn't take pics of the coins.

20160619 Gulf coast finds.jpg

The CZ20 found the flattened penny, the earring, 2 of the junk rings as well as about half of the coins. The F2 found the rest.

Thanks of reading and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 16

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I just got a wet suit I want to try water detecting with my at pro river and beach!!! Hope wet suit isn't too much. Good Job Id love to live near an ocean!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic finds and congrats - thanks for sharing the pictures and story with us & I wish you many more while out surf detecting.

Texas ED

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG CC, I bet the wife showed you up right?? :dontknow: Congrats on getting out and enjoying the beach hnt with your better half. :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I just got a wet suit I want to try water detecting with my at pro river and beach!!! Hope wet suit isn't too much. Good Job Id love to live near an ocean!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the wet suit.
Many fresh water lakes are spring fed and can get very cold for you in a short period of time. The wet suit will keep you comfortable for hours.
The AT PRO works really well in fresh water. With the screen below water, it becomes a beep and dig machine. Be sure to give the "O" rings on the two cable connections and the battery compartment a wipe of silicone grease before going in the water
You can pick up some silicone grease at any dive shop. Good luck buddy.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1327753

The CZ20 found the flattened penny, the earring, 2 of the junk rings as well as about half of the coins. The F2 found the rest.

Thanks of reading and Happy Hunting!

Nicely done Captain,
Always good to come home with silver.
Congrats to you and the bride

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver from the shore, nicely done!
Congrats!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the replies!

WTG CC, I bet the wife showed you up right?? :dontknow: Congrats on getting out and enjoying the beach hnt with your better half. :occasion14:
I wish I could get her to actually swing a detector. She prefers to walk with me and talk and then scoop up the treasures (and trash) that I find!

So you found sterling on your trip to Mississip. Sounds like a nice day
I live in Mississippi so it wasn't so much a trip to Mississippi as a trip within Mississippi. But yes, it was a nice day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread