What's new

Much better this time around. New bank 42 keepers

keverett

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
513
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Seeing as how the last 4 boxes I got from my normal supply bank were skunks, I decided to let my girlfriend try her luck at some of the local banks (never ceases to amaze me, how much more attention a beautiful young woman can get over any man). She went to a bank that had previously turned me away, and within minutes had them ordering boxes for her for free whenever she wants :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:. She ordered two boxes to test, and was told that they be available two days later. The two boxes were the single level rectangular boxes (CWI?), but didn't have a date stamped anywhere. I was skeptical that she would find much. As she opens the first roll she says "Silver!", and then "another one!!", and then "Oh my gosh, another one!!!". The first roll she pulled out 3 keepers. After opening both boxes she just has to go back to the bank the next day to get the extra box they order with every order ;D. Total of the 3 boxes: 1 1943 S Walking Liberty, 5 Franklin's (Including 2 1963's that look to be proofs...surface is like a mirror), 12 90% Kennedy's (Including 1 1964 that looks to be a proof...surface is like a mirror), and 24 40%er Kennedy's. For a total of 42 keepers! I hope the pictures are decent. I would like some of the experts to give me their opinion of the 63's, and if they are indeed proofs. The 43S Walker is in great shape too for being in circulation. Hope you guys enjoyed the post.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00036-20090424-1710.webp
    IMG00036-20090424-1710.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG00037-20090424-1719.webp
    IMG00037-20090424-1719.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG00038-20090425-2318.webp
    IMG00038-20090425-2318.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG00048-20090425-2322.webp
    IMG00048-20090425-2322.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG00052-20090425-2323.webp
    IMG00052-20090425-2323.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
Nice score. I may have the wife help with the silver hunt if it works that well.
 
I'm tellin ya' it works like a charm, they can just put on that sweet innocent "pleeeaaasseeee" look! Doesn't help that most of the tellers around here are male, or older women.
 
Congrats!

In order to check the 63 is proof or not, you have to take a nice and close picture of the reverse.
 
Nicely Done.

That 63 looks like it might be chrome plated......?

Mojo
 
Oh great she is monitoring the post!! Well guys wish her luck!!
 
Keverett...your CRH days are numbered pal.....she has her own screen name already and is posting.she's hooked and you've created a monster. you'd be lucky to find anything now with competition like that. and you won't even be able post her finds ;D
SS82 nice finds :thumbsup:
 
Mistergee you are probably correct!! I might as well hang up my hat now. Now I can't even lie about my finds!! :wink:
 
Can't really call me a monster....maybe just "stealing his thunder". But if I have better luck than he does.....can you blame me? It's fun and I don't mind the cakey black nasty fingers.

TY!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom