romeo-1
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jul 29, 2005
- Messages
- 9,863
- Reaction score
- 7,127
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Romeotopia
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 3
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:Well I am probably wrong but in the picture it looks like it did have three tines at one time. Could be my eyes though![]()

Arn't most retangle also :P not ovalBuckleBoy said:Does the central crossbar have two circular pieces of thin brass on them that would've swiveled at one time?
Is the piece Cast brass or Stamped brass?
My issue with this buckle is that all of the Colonial era sling buckles I have seen were Cast brass. This one looks stamped.
-Buckles
Silver Searcher said:Arn't most retangle also :P not ovalBuckleBoy said:Does the central crossbar have two circular pieces of thin brass on them that would've swiveled at one time?
Is the piece Cast brass or Stamped brass?
My issue with this buckle is that all of the Colonial era sling buckles I have seen were Cast brass. This one looks stamped.
-Buckles
SS
Lucas said:Way too big for a sling buckle. Reminds me of a F&I waist belt or Rev War baldric.
Copper piece looks like a socket bayonet reducer, to fit a smaller barrel.![]()
Might there have been a Chape to this buckleLucas said:If that's what it was, it would have been soldered in place. I have only seen 1 before.
