MXT ALL PRO

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just curious If anyones tried one out

Kinda! I had a MXT Pro w/D2 coil. Fantastic detector. Back lit, multi tones, 3 search modes, deep as anything out there, ground grab, build quality, best customer support. The only machine I got rid of that I miss.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well said fella

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my MXT pro. Its a great deep seeking machine and extremely easy to use. 3 knobs and off you go. And it keeps up with the most expensive machines out there. I just have a problem with the weight. It hasnt bothered me before but lately the shoulder hasnt been feeling good.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
To me the MXT Pro is the best detector Whites makes for all around as deep as any thing out there.....

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT All PRO is the MXT PRO, the All PRO just comes with 2 coils and has a sticker on it that says " All". This machine is the best all purpose high end machine on the market without the high end price.

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious about this machine too. I was looking at a minelab for relic and coin shooting. However this last week my wife has taken a very keen interest in metal detecting. We have been at it everyday for 3 hours up to 10 hours. She has really been wanting to do the prospecting side but because of our location that would probably be a summer time and a weekend only thing.

So most of our time detecting would be relic and coin/jewelry hunting. I was thinking a general type detector one that could do coin/relic/prospecting at a flip of the switch, would be better to start her off and if it turns out to really be her cup of tea then maybe making a bigger investment later.

I am going to borrow a few machine to test out before I purchase one and at the top of my short list to try are the mxt pro and f75. I realize that we are not going to optimize our hunts with a general type of detector and I am alright with this. I would welcome any other suggestions.

One last thing my wife needs it to be easy to ground balance. I tried letting her use one of my goldbug2s and she reached frustration pretty fast.

Cheers - Koffee

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to borrow a few machine to test out before I purchase one and at the top of my short list to try are the mxt pro and f75. I realize that we are not going to optimize our hunts with a general type of detector and I am alright with this. I would welcome any other suggestions.

One last thing my wife needs it to be easy to ground balance. I tried letting her use one of my goldbug2s and she reached frustration pretty fast.

You're not gunna go wrong with a F75 or an MXT Pro. I personally have not used the F75 but understand it is one of the strongest relic hunters out there. My experience with other Fishers, I wouldn't doubt it and it's on my short list of next detectors as well. The only thing I can think of that may be an issue for wifey is that they are not known to be a simple detector to use. (just from what I read, not from experience)

The MXT Pro is quite simple to use & learn, GB easy and has several modes. (Coin & Jewelry, Relic & Prospecting) A great all purpose detector that can do almost anything. Can be a bit on the loud side so I would def recommend adjustable vol headphones. (For both the user & park patrons)

Another worth a look into might be the AT Gold/Pro. I own a Pro and love it. It has proven to be just as strong as anything I've used and it all weather capability make it a great tool. It's very easy to use & learn IMO and GB really doesn't get much easier. The Gold will give you a true All Metal and will prolly be a bit deeper and def better in the prospecting area. The AT Gold is the other machine on my short list.

Good luck on what you choose!

Last edited:

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Fella for the advice.

i think I have convinced her it is a two machine solution. Also when I say me there was also a help from Bart@bigboyhobbies. I think we are going to look at a coin and relic machine and then some type of PI machine that is waterproof in the near future. We will probably wait to see what the new minelab one looks like before we buy.

Thank You - Koffee

Imfishboy

Jan 30, 2015
Sonoma County,Ca
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my MXT pro. Its a great deep seeking machine and extremely easy to use. 3 knobs and off you go. And it keeps up with the most expensive machines out there. I just have a problem with the weight. It hasnt bothered me before but lately the shoulder hasnt been feeling good.

I had shoulder surgery and it made my shoulder weaker. I bought a shoulder strap white calls a detector aid. Works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread