Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with the MXT in relic mode with trigger forward, two tones. As far as modifying relic to read coins, I don't think so. Art

OP
OP
jrc

jrc

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2012
Yes, that is what I do also. I like the relic mode trigger forward, but wish I had the option to pick relic or coin icons for the display.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't really matter much once you get used to the VDI numbers it's all I look at and there's difference between clad and silver on the VDI number, it would still only tell you quarter, dime, ect. anyway but you would know from the VDI number if it could be silver or not. So when I see 86 I know it could be a clad quarter and if I see 88 to 90 I know it could be a silver quarter, once you get below 9" all bets are off on the correct VDI it might still be spot on at 10" but not always. HH

OP
OP
jrc

jrc

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2012
Yes I guess I should just get used to the VDI numbers, like you said then it does not matter. I have been hunting with MXT for a while now, it is a great machine. I was thinking of going to the MXT PRO, but not sure the tone id and ground grab is worth the extra money since I already have a MXT. The extras are nice though.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20160110_163417.jpg my poor man's "Mxt Pro" I had white's put my m6 on the Mxt setup and ran my threshold knob topside

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a second one I found used because I would hate to be without one if I ever had a problem and needed to send it in, it also gives me one to lend to a friend which he finds spots as well so it gets me extra permission that way. I also have an extra when asking permission if I ever get the I'm going to get one some day and detect it, I can then offer to lend them my other detector so we both could detect it. I got mine before the pro came out but it's such a great detector I can't see getting rid of one of these or paying more for the pro now but the extra tones would be nice, if something real bad happened to one of these then I would probably get the pro maybe. HH

[/I]

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a mxt and trying to learn it and I been reading a lot of people use relic more than coin. Are the numbers the same for each mode ? And so far the only thing I have found is when it says foil then its foil but everything else is another question

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the VDI numbers are the same for coin and jewelry as they are in relic mode, it will just tell you button or buckle instead of dimes and quarters ect. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread