MXT or V3i - Which is better for Jewelry?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either one would be excellent. Jewelry can be alloyed with various metals, each with its own conductivity. So long as you sweep close to the ground and don't raise the coil on the ends of the sweeps and don't use to much disc you will find gold, silver and other jewelry. You will also find pull tabs, but that can't be helped as the one pull tab you don't dig, that's the gold ring. You can disc out pull tabs and still find silver jewelry as it is more conductive.

Geez, you guys need to do more reading on how metal detectors work. Start subscribing to Western & Eastern Treasures magazine to learn.:coffee2:Sandman

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never used the mxt but have & own the v3i the things the v can tell u is increíble polor plot, many many different options,back lit screen in vibrant color is awesome If ur pockets will let u go for the v, but its gonna have much more of a learning curve then the mxt both have great programa already installed so u can use both right out of the box

Yar

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Wellington, Co
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO, Compadre, and Prizm 6t., Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one that you know the best!

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found more gold with the mxt mxtpro and m6 than any other. And i own the v3i. Ive actually found quite a bit of gold with the mx5 already. The mx5 is just an mxtpro changed to fully digital so thats why im using it as my number 1 machine.

Reactions: Yar

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
v3i will be the best, it's very very good at picking up small jewelry when you get some experience with it. The spectrograph and polar plot are extremely helpful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions