My 1st dream box 26 keepers w/ 3 Bennies in it...

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been posting this last week as I was in the hospital and had my Gallbladder removed and other stomach problems. Well I got out today and the first place I went to was my bank!!! I ordered $3,000, (2 boxes from 3 banks each). I am still sore so I'm gonna stay by my parents for a few days and heal up some more. I only could get 1 box, but what a box!!!! This is the most silver that I have pulled from a single box to date. Also it is the first box that I have found a Ben Franklin in. It had 26 keepers with 11 90% and 15 40%:

1953d 1
1962d 1
1963d 1

1964 3
1964d 5
1965 1
1966 1
1967 6
1968d 6
1969d 1

So my 1st Dream Box I found 6.1971oz of silver!!! I have already dubbed this my pain & suffering box... - :tongue3:

I also found a 1978 chrome dipped half. I'll keep it, it's kinda cool. :thumbsup:

2990378284_a43df6949a_o.jpg

My first Franklin's box and it had 3!!!
2989524503_7e781abf95_o.jpg

Here is the chrome plated half.
2989524487_7328e8013e_o.jpg

HH

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
They did tell you not to lift anything heavier than your "Johnson" didn't they ? Take it easy for a couple of weeks, let your gut settle down. You have had some nice finds you fiend, now give it a rest. Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope you are recovering up well!

Grats on the dream box... thats a crazy good box!

That hald doesn't look like chrome to me... maybe its just the angle?

~Dave

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I though it was silver as I saw the edge first. Then I thought it was a proof - but the entire coin is a perfect mirror and there is no "s". No frost head or eagle. And also it feels almost slippery. Yea the pix isn't the best, but its like a mirror coin maybe for an act or something or a cheap souvenir. :icon_scratch:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Looks kinda like a mercury dip on second glance... hard to tell from the pic though.

Could be something else that makes it look like that though.

Either way... def. coated in something, and you def. had one heck of a good box!

~Dave

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Beautiful coins! Well deserved to help you get healed. I hope the surgery went well, and that it is all smooth sailing from here!

Here is hoping for 180 more keepers from the next 5 boxes!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Foxie... a chromed 87d!

What a waste!

Poor coin... that belongs in a collection not in a chrome solution!

I wish I had my chrome coin on me. I got a coin out of a handroll once whose rim screamed UNC SILVER it was PURE. Plucked it out and it was like a 1997. Chrome coated. I kept it because the chrome coat was in PERFECT shape... not scratched or dinged anywhere. Its the only one I have kept because it is the only perfect one I have found, the others look like poo. I'd take a pic and post it so you can see the difference between it and the one posted here.

Mine is insanely bright and shiney... the one posted above looks like a deeper/darker metal dip.

Fiend: does the dipped coin have a liquidy feel to the coat? Smooth... differences between raised and flat surfaces are gradual instead of stark like they should be... those are signs of a mercury dip. They tend to be thicker... while some other coats appear more like a spraypaint/thin type thing.

~Dave

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
LMAO!!! Just got out of the hospital from gall bladder surgery and on the way home..."hey baby, let's stop at that bank for a second." That is a true CRH junkie! Too funny.

Congrats on the find but your health is more important! Take care, Godspeed on a quick recovery and good luck in the future!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...that is a very nice box....congrats!!

I have to go with the majority here.....take it easy.....rest.....wish you a speedy recovery.....hope all is well. Give em hell when you do recover though.

Good luck on the next search......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread