Scrappy
Gold Member
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2014
- Messages
- 9,215
- Reaction score
- 14,047
- Golden Thread
- 7
- Location
- 17th century
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 7
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
- Primary Interest:
- Other
I am very happy to say that my Spanish Silver drought is over, and it's a good one!
I was swinging through my buddie's neighborhoods, so I figured I'd try calling Charlie (EastCoasthunter). He just happened to be out on a spot we call "Reale Road". I was really going just to BS with him because our last hunt we hardly talked at all.
So I get to the spot and we start talking and hunting. Not 10 minutes in I get a 12-38 signal on the CTX (a wheat penny signal for those unfamiliar) at 6". At this site I've dug British copper at that depth so I knew it was old. Finally at 8" out pops a small disk. I saw a little silver-ish tone coming through....
I knew it was a good one, so I called Charlie over. We don't do that to each other unless it's really good. He was in the middle of digging a signal and so what does he do? He slows down.
Finally he comes over and we clean it together. We were both sure it was a seated or capped 1/2 dime since it looked like it had an edge.
Then to our surprise...


1752 Globes and Pillars 1/2 Reale. My Spanish silver drought for the year was finally over.
So there it is, 1752 Half reale - Mexico City mint.


All I found besides this was a buckle and about a half dozen pieces of iron. Thank goodness because if I found another good coin Charlie may have murdered me. Jk.
A big Shout out to EastCoastHunter21. It was his spot and he is a true friend.
Good hunts and best of luck out there.
Steve
I was swinging through my buddie's neighborhoods, so I figured I'd try calling Charlie (EastCoasthunter). He just happened to be out on a spot we call "Reale Road". I was really going just to BS with him because our last hunt we hardly talked at all.
So I get to the spot and we start talking and hunting. Not 10 minutes in I get a 12-38 signal on the CTX (a wheat penny signal for those unfamiliar) at 6". At this site I've dug British copper at that depth so I knew it was old. Finally at 8" out pops a small disk. I saw a little silver-ish tone coming through....

I knew it was a good one, so I called Charlie over. We don't do that to each other unless it's really good. He was in the middle of digging a signal and so what does he do? He slows down.
Finally he comes over and we clean it together. We were both sure it was a seated or capped 1/2 dime since it looked like it had an edge.
Then to our surprise...


1752 Globes and Pillars 1/2 Reale. My Spanish silver drought for the year was finally over.
So there it is, 1752 Half reale - Mexico City mint.


All I found besides this was a buckle and about a half dozen pieces of iron. Thank goodness because if I found another good coin Charlie may have murdered me. Jk.
A big Shout out to EastCoastHunter21. It was his spot and he is a true friend.
Good hunts and best of luck out there.
Steve
Upvote
70
That's got to be my favorite type... or second favorite to the one that has "CARLOS" all mushed together. That thing is awesome and a style I hope to dig one day.








