What's new

My 2nd Revolutionary War Cannonball in 24 hours!!!!

Eagle101

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
396
Reaction score
832
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I posted that I found a 16 pound cannonball. My scale was way off. It was a 12 lb. British cannonball.

So I went back out today and about 300 yards away from where I found yesterday's cannonball I found an 18 lb. British cannonball!!! My goal in life was to find one. I can't believe I found a second!

Also I found a King George II colonial copper, a British musket ball, an American musketball and a couple of flat buttons.
 

Attachments

  • 1448753919466.webp
    1448753919466.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 1448753935372.webp
    1448753935372.webp
    154.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 1448753952335.webp
    1448753952335.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 1448753968624.webp
    1448753968624.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 1448753983254.webp
    1448753983254.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 1448753995092.webp
    1448753995092.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 1448754011852.webp
    1448754011852.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 1448754022742.webp
    1448754022742.webp
    30 KB · Views: 189
  • 1448754037101.webp
    1448754037101.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 54
Congrats, two in 24 hours!
 
Congratulations.
I would think there were more fired ashore, good luck.
 
Truly an amazing bucket list find especially for a Rhode Islander that appreciates one of the most significant fight in this area! I sent you a PM, I'd love to make a few pals here that have as much as a drive as myself to recover pieces of our little states history! Anytime.
 
Bet those are fun lugging out. congrats
 
nice finds that's one of my bucket list is a whole one all I can find is pieces:notworthy:
 
When I said now add to your count... you took it serious! Congrats...more in your future for sure
 
That is BADASS!!!
 
I just went out and got a display for the twins.

Love the display cabinet Eagle101. Too bad it doesn't look big enough for a third cannonball because I think there is another one in your future.
 
Love the display cabinet Eagle101. Too bad it doesn't look big enough for a third cannonball because I think there is another one in your future.

I would be very happy to go out and get a bigger display...lol
 
yessire Definitely hot
 
Look me up on FB "Mike Baptista". Hope to get out there w ya.
 
I CANT TAKE THIS ' NOT ANOTHER DAY , I CANT TAKE THIS..... NICE FINDS ....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom