My 3 RD Equinox bites the dust.....

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus patrons are sharpening their knifes, despite the fact a Deus isn't waterproof at all, but the difference: truth in advertising. Deus rightly doesn't make the claim it's waterproof. Minelab should change their advertising to reflect that it is water resistant and not submergible as they are just hurting their brand. It'd be nice if they or the aftermarket stepped up with a waterproofing enclosure kit like they have for the Deus until they can come up with a truly and fully submergible machine.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Considering the youtube time Calabash provides using the 800 Minelab should fly out an engineer with a new unit.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Actually, that engineer should have about 6 or so to make sure the one he leaves with him is top notch...

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was confirmed by minelab it was a so called refurbished unit....A unit someone sent back because it had problems.......The guy from down under said I would have a new one shipped Monday...

Minelab:
"We will just send that redneck guy a refurb. Nobody cares about him and his videos anyway!"
Calabash Digger:
"This thing is a piece of garbage. I see it is a refurb. I'm tired of you idiots not helping me out. My next video will bash you until you bleed."
Minelab:
"We have sent him junk too many times, he knows the difference so send him an actual new unit."

Ridiculous having to play this game with a company. I own an Equinox 800 myself and the kind of failures you've seen and the makeshift replacements are stupid. They mistaken you for a "NOOB" but now getting their act together.
What bothers me is how they would have done an actual noob.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Calabash, we need to get you a Simplex+ just for your water adventures! lol

Keep the Nox on dry land - you and Steve (Gigmaster) keep blowing through them making all your great youtube content...(wink)

Gigmaster? You mean that older dude that expects things to actually work he paid good money for?
And Calabash we can almost look over as he puts stuff through REAL tests.

Bottom Line- I feel bad for these people with EQ problems. Things like this have helped me to make a decision, never let water touch the control pod.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab engineer the redneck is talking to much lets make him a tester and put him under a none disclosure agreement.....

REDNECK Aint no way in hades I am going under a NDA so I cant say what I want about a product....

Minelab Engineer we will show him send him a refurb...lol

REDNECK BACK TO YOUTUBE I GO.....

Minelab Engineer OH NO! Some of the other REDNECKS actually listen to this guy....

REDNECK yeah they do actually around 30 thousand a month......

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Actually, that engineer should have about 6 or so to make sure the one he leaves with him is top notch...

Actually if an "engineer" comes down with a detector perhaps he should come up with a fix for detector as well the false claim that this Equinox was waterproof as well as an extended warranty for those in use since they were introduced.

g

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread