What's new

My best coin find ever! 1801 1 Reale

Orbitz

Full Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
142
Reaction score
299
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 1801 1 reale coin only 4" down, it was
in the same hole as a piece of iron, at first I only got
an iron tone, I usually don't dig those, after pulling the
iron piece, which looked very old and corroded, I rechecked
the hole, Now I'm getting a strong silver coin tone, I carefully
recheck the hole and I notice something silver sticking half
way out the dirt, at first I thought it was a metal slug of
some sort, I look at it closer and notice a date, I thought
I was seeing things lol, I have never pulled any silver coin out
of that park, not even a wheaty, a lot of rings, chains and
necklaces and lots of clad coins, this is by far the best coin
I have ever found!
 

Attachments

  • spanish coin.webp
    spanish coin.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 515
  • spanish2.webp
    spanish2.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 488
  • spanish coin.webp
    spanish coin.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 437
  • spanish2.webp
    spanish2.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0
Congrats on your first reale! If you live and hunt in Norfolk, Virginia, I don't think it will be your last :wink:
 
Steve in PA said:
Congrats on your first reale! If you live and hunt in Norfolk, Virginia, I don't think it will be your last :wink:
Thanks, I was amazed that something so old was only 4" deep
It's supposed to be sunny and 65 today, nice day for the park
 
Orbitz said:
Steve in PA said:
Congrats on your first reale! If you live and hunt in Norfolk, Virginia, I don't think it will be your last :wink:
Thanks, I was amazed that something so old was only 4" deep
It's supposed to be sunny and 65 today, nice day for the park

If you start hunting plowed fields just outside of town, they'll be even more shallow thanks to the plows :thumbsup:

there are a TON of 1600's and 1700's homesites in Hampton Roads that are long since gone that are now nothing more than a pile of brick pieces and pottery shards lying on top of the ground in plowed fields
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom