What's new

My best dug political button

SC Keith

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
678
Reaction score
1,420
Golden Thread
5
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
I dug this on a small site in NC back in 2008 which also produced a few flat colonial buttons and a half reale dated 1781. The site had good drainage and sandy soil which helped preserve its condition. I must have gone back 20 or more times hoping for one more, but no luck yet! Thanks for looking!
Keith
​
 

Attachments

  • wi1.webp
    wi1.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 646
  • wi1.webp
    wi1.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 621
Upvote 0
wow!!! that is amazing shape for its age!!!! great find!!! :headbang:
 
Beautiful and rare, WTG I'd keep going back too!
 
I hope you kissed that ground for being so kind to that button! :thumbsup:

Truly outstanding find in incredible condition, especially for being dug. :hello2: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
If that's your best political button I wonder what your best Rev War button is. :icon_scratch: Hmmmm..... I'll take a quick look around your post and see if I can see one! :tongue3:

Both are top notch +1 :thumbsup:
 
Yeah Keith that's one beautiful button bud :headbang: I'd sure love to dig one of those one day. The only GW button I ever found was one like on the cover of Alberts book. Bad thing it was in a fire and folded up like a taco, It was really something special :laughing7: That's an awsome button you dug man, I'd sure be proud of it :headbang:

LP
 
Man, that is a pretty button! Beautiful color and patina - not to mention the detail!!
 
wow man! i wish mine came out lookin like that! she's gorgeous!
is the shank on it too?
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
wow man! i wish mine came out lookin like that! she's gorgeous!
is the shank on it too?

Hello! I see you have dug some nice GW's too! Congrats to you! The shank is intact on my button and thanks for your nice comment!
Keith
 
wow, is about right for this one :hello2:
 
Wow, that is one amazing button!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom