My Best Find, Big Diamond Ring Apraised @ 4500$

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone just wanted to share yesterday's hunt with y'all. So I raced down to the beach as the frozen tundra loosened her grip on the land for the last two days. Things started off great as I scored a sterling ring with a black stone then a sterling pendant weighing 7 grams and after that a big gold ring marked 14k at 7.8 grams with a big center stone. Then the waves picked up and chased me out. I thought for sure the rock was going to be a cz. Today I took it to a jeweler for an appraisal and to my surprise the diamond tested real!!! I was told its an old deep cut stone from the 1940s in a newer setting, G/H in color and 1 carat in size and worth 4,500$ :)

All the times my wife game me crap about detecting so now I can finally shut her up lol! She was a Debbie downer for the longest time, she actually wants to steal my stone and put it in her setting. Now shes a believer hehe, I decided to give her the stone, happy wife = more detecting time for me ;)

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all :)

image-3690170074.jpg

image-2196355930.jpg

image-59588016.jpg

All the finds from the hunt

image-4177303698.jpg

Upvote 19
OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring and stone...very nice and glad your keeping the wife happy.

Quick wife story: I've always wanted a little theater room in the house but the wife was not really into it and since the basement has been taken over by the kids we did not have a place for it. A few weeks back were out and we see a very cool entertainment center that has an electic fireplace, sound bar, small refrigerator and ipod docking station all built into it. Then the next store we go into there is a 100% leather theater seating with three chairs that are electic, light up cup holders and lights under the seats (also very cool). We go home then later in the day the wife turns to me and says I don't know what your putting in my coffee but I want them for the back family room. I'm a happy camper and we go order everything. Fast forward to last night we are sitting at the dinner table and my wife turns and says she would go detecting if she did not have to get my hands dirty. I laugh and say you are turning into me. Her response -- 'I'm not ugly!' I have to love her or killer her...have not decided yet. A happy wife makes for a happy house.

NJ

Thanks NJ, nice story lol.

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Ring!...My Father had a ring that looked EXACLTY like that he lost on Jersey beach about 20 years ago...Killer Find!..Im gonna have to see if he has any pics of him wearing it. I think he got it from Jareds, or a large chain jewelry store!

Thanks Diggin, post it if you find it.

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to ask for that new upgrade while shes still giddy over the rock, nice chunk of gold and ice Seener :occasion14:

Thanks Dale, no upgrades needed for now both detectors are in good running condition. I would hate to learn a new machine :)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy wife = Happy Life........not in my house.

This is the choice I give my wife.

I tell her she has two choices: You can get mad OR You can get over it.

I go detectin whenever I want.

I did that a few times and got no diner and no laundry done lol.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome ring, congrats to you and your wife. I mostly hunt colonial era sites and have pretty much given up on finding expensive jewelry. The thought of finding a diamond ring is pretty alluring however.....

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, dude! :)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome ring, congrats to you and your wife. I mostly hunt colonial era sites and have pretty much given up on finding expensive jewelry. The thought of finding a diamond ring is pretty alluring however.....
I am mostly a relic hunter but also have a few places to hunt jewelry, as its the only thing that I dig that ill sell or give away at this point. p.s. I STAND by the wife statement , she just now walked in and says " oh your on the computer doing your little treasure thinggi ," boy can she be mean, . Still & Awesome ring ...

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks terpfan, when I was digging this one I thought it was gonna be a can top because of the strong signal it gave, so you never know ;)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am mostly a relic hunter but also have a few places to hunt jewelry, as its the only thing that I dig that ill sell or give away at this point. p.s. I STAND by the wife statement , she just now walked in and says " oh your on the computer doing your little treasure thinggi ," boy can she be mean, . Still & Awesome ring ...

Mine used to say "hey dork, are you talking to others about your pipe dreams", well Sunday I got an apology :)

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
Happy wife = Happy Life........not in my house.

This is the choice I give my wife.

I tell her she has two choices: You can get mad OR You can get over it.

I go detectin whenever I want.
I give mine three choices:You can get mad, get over it, or get back in the kitchen and make my dinner

Chuffs

Jul 1, 2012
D/FW Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds... Awesome looking ring...
CH

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine used to say "hey dork, are you talking to others about your pipe dreams", well Sunday I got an apology :)

After you found this ring, my reply to her now would be, "Look what I found! Hope you and your friends can do as well. As for me, I'm gonna enjoy this ring with my dorky friends."

HH!

ChrisNJ

Mar 23, 2013
Burlington County
Detector(s) used
CZ6a
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez if I ever brought something like that home I would continually be pushed out the door to find another :-P Congrats on some great finds.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread