My Best Find, Big Diamond Ring Apraised @ 4500$

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone just wanted to share yesterday's hunt with y'all. So I raced down to the beach as the frozen tundra loosened her grip on the land for the last two days. Things started off great as I scored a sterling ring with a black stone then a sterling pendant weighing 7 grams and after that a big gold ring marked 14k at 7.8 grams with a big center stone. Then the waves picked up and chased me out. I thought for sure the rock was going to be a cz. Today I took it to a jeweler for an appraisal and to my surprise the diamond tested real!!! I was told its an old deep cut stone from the 1940s in a newer setting, G/H in color and 1 carat in size and worth 4,500$ :)

All the times my wife game me crap about detecting so now I can finally shut her up lol! She was a Debbie downer for the longest time, she actually wants to steal my stone and put it in her setting. Now shes a believer hehe, I decided to give her the stone, happy wife = more detecting time for me ;)

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all :)

image-3690170074.jpg

image-2196355930.jpg

image-59588016.jpg

All the finds from the hunt

image-4177303698.jpg

Upvote 19

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding! :icon_thumright: Breezie

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
Awesome find! Looks like a real nice diamond too! Now maybe she will let you alone when you want to go out detecting:) I know I would:) Congrats on a fabulous find.

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blows my mind how people could lose such valuable items. I get pissed if I lose a dollar

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After you found this ring, my reply to her now would be, "Look what I found! Hope you and your friends can do as well. As for me, I'm gonna enjoy this ring with my dorky friends."

HH!

Lol. I got to play nice as I'm laid off ;)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez if I ever brought something like that home I would continually be pushed out the door to find another :-P Congrats on some great finds.

Thanks Chris

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! Looks like a real nice diamond too! Now maybe she will let you alone when you want to go out detecting:) I know I would:) Congrats on a fabulous find.

Thanks Goldirocks, she's been extra nice lately I don't know what it could be ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread