coltdavis
Bronze Member
Well it has been a couple weeks now since i dug this coin, but it is by far the best coin i have dug. Also its my only 1800s silver i have dug.
I'm still pretty new to MDing with April being my 3rd real month i have been able to detect February was pretty crappy weather here in Michigan for the most part so not much digging. I dug this coin at my grandparents house, a couple days before i had dug my first IH cents and my oldest coin to date which is a 1865 IH, also found at my grandparents. This coin hit 50 cents on my Ace 250 and never missed once. I cut a bigger plug then normal to be safe, but was expecting a deep can of some sort. I flipped out the plug and rechecked the hole. It was still in there and still sounded good which honestly got me excited. I removed some dirt and thats when i seen a face i had only seen pictures of until then. It was a 1899-O Barber looking right back at me.
I sat there in disbelief and finally removed the coin very carefully. The only thing i have done to the coin is rinsed it with water. Well heres the pictures, hope everyone is doing well. HH
I'm still pretty new to MDing with April being my 3rd real month i have been able to detect February was pretty crappy weather here in Michigan for the most part so not much digging. I dug this coin at my grandparents house, a couple days before i had dug my first IH cents and my oldest coin to date which is a 1865 IH, also found at my grandparents. This coin hit 50 cents on my Ace 250 and never missed once. I cut a bigger plug then normal to be safe, but was expecting a deep can of some sort. I flipped out the plug and rechecked the hole. It was still in there and still sounded good which honestly got me excited. I removed some dirt and thats when i seen a face i had only seen pictures of until then. It was a 1899-O Barber looking right back at me.
I sat there in disbelief and finally removed the coin very carefully. The only thing i have done to the coin is rinsed it with water. Well heres the pictures, hope everyone is doing well. HHAttachments
Upvote
0








