What's new

My best halves YEAR - in one day

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Today I walked into my Wells Fargo and my favorite teller (The one who gave me 700 silver Rosies and 40 silver Washington quarters last year in one transaction) said she had some goodies for me. Lots of them. That got me excited!

This time it is halves. She brought out $100 in halves that a woman brought in to the bank. Her husband had saved them and he recently died. Now she was cashing them in (Isn't that sad?). The teller had them for three days, and was waiting for me to come in. She was holding them just for me. :-)

Final results:

1 - 1951D Franklin
14 - 1964 90% silvers. (I didn't distinguish plain vs D yet)
6 - 1965
3 - 1966
29 - 1967
21 - 1968
4 - 1969

Totals

15 90%'ers and 63 40%'ers. Grand total 78 silvers.

I know some people find boxes with that many in them, and it takes 100 to be a dream box here. But for me, I was sitting at 8 of the 1964 YTD so far, and 91 of the 40%'ers. My best YEAR so far was 2009, when I found 15 of the 1964 and 107 of the 40%'ers. So I found a YEAR'S worth of the 1964 today, and my 2010 total for 40%'ers is now 154, which is already by FAR my best year ever (in 4). So, for me? For me this is a WONDERFUL day. One I may never match, but would love to someday surpass (what the heck. Might as well keep dreaming.)

My silver total for halves just went up amazingly. And my favorite teller recieved five more free meals at Chick Fil-A from me. I can't give her money, and to bring donuts or pizza into the bank is to give ALL the tellers free stuff. Instead, I give her coupons for free meals, and that is about $6 per coupon, so she got about $30. She is ecstatic over that. She KNOWS they are silver, but she doesn't want them, so she saves them for me, and when I give her free meals she feels like I honor her work. So it works for both of us. :-)

78 silvers. In Arizona. WOW. All loose, of course, and my boxes are still averaging about 1 silver per 8 boxes (I Had five silver in one box, so that dropped my average of 1 in 11 boxes down to 1 in every 8 boxes, all by itself).

I feel blessed with this find. :-)
 
Upvote 0
Sounds like a win-win situation. Would not rule out getting the teller and her co-workers coffee and donuts though. Wouldn't hurt to have 2 or 3 tellers competing to give you the most silver. :hello2:
 
nice score! Donuts or bagels may be in order.

HH
 
Sure is nice having someone looking out for you!
 
Nice more for the pile!!!!
 
sad to say it but i think this is the new trend. most of the easy silver is gone now. i think we all will have to find somebody on the "inside" pretty soon. that one score was just about what my totals came to last month doing about 48K in boxes.
good score. congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats, great score! You never know what will happen in this hobby.
 
Great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I sure would like to find a years worth of silver in one fell swoop! I figure it is possible. I asked this bookie who is a math whiz to figure out the odds of me making such a find,he figured 1 out of 114 trillion. So the odds are not that great,but there is a chance. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I sure would like to find a years worth of silver in one fell swoop! I figure it is possible. I asked this bookie who is a math whiz to figure out the odds of me making such a find,he figured 1 out of 114 trillion. So the odds are not that great,but there is a chance. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
How did he come up with that? :)
 
mountainman 2 said:
Rich Hartford said:
Great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I sure would like to find a years worth of silver in one fell swoop! I figure it is possible. I asked this bookie who is a math whiz to figure out the odds of me making such a find,he figured 1 out of 114 trillion. So the odds are not that great,but there is a chance. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
How did he come up with that? :)

I was just kidding around :laughing7:
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
mountainman 2 said:
Rich Hartford said:
Great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I sure would like to find a years worth of silver in one fell swoop! I figure it is possible. I asked this bookie who is a math whiz to figure out the odds of me making such a find,he figured 1 out of 114 trillion. So the odds are not that great,but there is a chance. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
How did he come up with that? :)

I was just kidding around :laughing7:
Rich
You got me ;D Must be the heat :wink:
 
You got a good thing going there my friend.

As someone said above this is what you need to score these day's ..... An inside connection.

Good for you.

Mojo
 
Now that is a teller I would like to have. Congrats on the haul. It does make a great day. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:
 
WTG!!! Days like that are always fun! :headbang:
HH
enamel7
 
Ironic how death is sad and happy all at once. Reminds me of how happy [most] firemen get when going to a house fire. Especially the young ones who look foward to going to a fire. Sometimes i burst their bubble and remind them how someone just lost their house their belongings and possibly their pets. On that note i hope some old people [with halves] start moving into my town and live very happy life .........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom