MY Best or GREATEST FIND

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure most of you are asked what is your best or greatest find. I have been detecting since 1968 When people ask me what is my best find i ask them whatdo they mean? Value wise or pleasure wise ? I have NEVEr SOLD one thing i have found. (EXCEPT for COIN ROLL HUNTING) Also I have given away a LOT of items.I have given away silver dollars to people from Turkey, Large cents to the WEST coast. M ANY MaNY RINGS !!

I consider my best find is one that gives me the most pleasure :) I ENJOY making people HAPPY 111

NOW what do you ALL CONSIDER your BEST FIND ??

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure most of you are asked what is your best or greatest find. I havwe been detecting since 1968 When people ask me what is my best find i ask them whatdo they mean? Value wise or pleasure wise ? I have NEVEr SOLD one thing i have found. (EXCEPT for COIN ROLL HUNTING) Also I have given away a LOT of items.I have given away silver dollars to people from Turkey, Large cents to the WEST coast. M ANY MaNY RINGS !!

I consider my best find is one that gives me the most pleasure :) I ENJOY making people HAPPY 111

NOW what do you ALL CONSIDER your BEST FIND ??
Easy for me. My grandson had lost a gold necklace that had belonged to his grandmother, on my son in law's side. It was very special to him and my son in law and they were frantic and had looked their yard over for several days trying to find. They have a huge yard. Took me an hour or so but found it. They put it up not to be worn again except special occasions. Their relief and smiles were my best find.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i am asking is wHAT doi you consider your best find. Either what made you happy or was it a valuable find. You do NOT have to tell the story beh

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy for me. My grandson had lost a gold necklace that had belonged to his grandmother, on my son in law's side. It was very special to him and my son in law and they were frantic and had looked their yard over for several days trying to find. They have a huge yard. Took me an hour or so but found it. They put it up not to be worn again except special occasions. Their relief and smiles were my best find.
NIce story Traveler777 Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel bad now. Maybe I rambled too much. Sorry.
no you DID NOT RAMBLE to much post what you want. I was tickled to read your story Thanks AgaIN

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me SAY this IF you want to share your find story GREAT :) if not that is up to you .

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best find was finding a 81 year old woman's moms wedding ring . I have posted it before on here BUT i think that find made me the happiest !!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best find was the friends I've made here on TNet like you Gary! My second best was a cache of Silver Dollars!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A set of brass knuckles found in a mafioso town,I wonder if there are any human bones buried around that spot.

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

Attachments

• 1644172181276.jpeg
    1644172181276.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 43

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All i am asking is what do you consider your best find. Either what made you happy or was it a valuable find. You do NOT have to tell the story beh

Gare, most often the story behind finding the item is what makes the
item so special.
umn.gif

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best find was not metal detecting. I worked at a city landfill and had an elderly lady come driving in and say that she had lost her wedding ring& engagement ring in the trash and the truck was coming in that she thought it was in. She had taken them off when washing her hands & had put them in a piece of tissue. Later saw the tissue & tossed it in the trash. She didn't realize her mistake until she had tossed her trash in the dumpster & the truck had picked it up. The truck came in. It was a 40 cubic yard packer truck. I had him dump off to the side. She said her trash bag was black with red ties. There was only a couple of hundred in the load. I spread the pile out with my loader & waded in. I would grab a bag, open it and ask her if she had tossed oatmeal, or laundry boxes or.....After dozens of bags, I found her bag & her rings. I got a big hug and she drove away. I stunk soooooo bad that i could hardly stand to close the doors on my loader. Great Day!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best find was not metal detecting. I worked at a city landfill and had an elderly lady come driving in and say that she had lost her wedding ring& engagement ring in the trash and the truck was coming in that she thought it was in. She had taken them off when washing her hands & had put them in a piece of tissue. Later saw the tissue & tossed it in the trash. She didn't realize her mistake until she had tossed her trash in the dumpster & the truck had picked it up. The truck came in. It was a 40 cubic yard packer truck. I had him dump off to the side. She said her trash bag was black with red ties. There was only a couple of hundred in the load. I spread the pile out with my loader & waded in. I would grab a bag, open it and ask her if she had tossed oatmeal, or laundry boxes or.....After dozens of bags, I found her bag & her rings. I got a big hug and she drove away. I stunk soooooo bad that i could hardly stand to close the doors on my loader. Great Day!
WOW INDIAN STEVE GREAT STORY GREAT RECOVERY ALSO. you will go to HEAVEN for that for sure a;a0

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best find is a rare Hawaiian atlas that realized $68,750 at auction, with a pre-auction estimate of $2500-3500. It was included in about 60 boxes of books and paper that I bought from an estate.

Full auction listing here.

Our blog post here.

View attachment 2008266
AMAZING CD thanks for sharing I did buy a book for $10 and we got over $5,000 out of it. It had hand painted maps of every state in the Union . The map of texax I thing brought $863 on ebay The was Johnson family Atlas 1863

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING CD thanks for sharing I did buy a book for $10 and we got over $5,000 out of it. It had hand painted maps of every state in the Union . The map of texax I thing brought $863 on ebay The was Johnson family Atlas 1863
Congrats, good stuff indeed....I have a couple of Johnson Atlas's around here from that era...I should get to them and post the maps.

What was the $10 book? Ha, never mind, it was the Atlas...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the find that made me the most happy was the 1824 capped bust half dollar I found last April. I had detected this public land trust for at least three years and gone there a minimum of 50 times. It's over 100 acres and heavily wooded, so detecting there is not easy.

In all those trips, I had found exactly ONE coin there, a wheatie. There were lots of flat buttons and musket balls, but no old coins. I kept telling my girlfriend that there had to be a good coin there because there's the remains of an 1800's mill site on it. Persistance paid off when I dug that coin! Finding it gave me such a great feeling of satisfaction because I was stubborn and just knew there had to be something good in the ground at that location.

Attachments

• 1824 capped bust half obverse.jpeg
    1824 capped bust half obverse.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 1824 capped bust reverse.jpeg
    1824 capped bust reverse.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 44

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will admit this is very difficult to answer but I think that finding this fern fossil in the woods overturning rocks gave me the most pleasure because it is so old. (approx 300 million years old). I've had since I was about 12-13years old.

Attachments

• cannon_106b.jpg
    cannon_106b.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 44

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread