What's new

My Brinks Boxes are Drying Up and Shrinking

FL Junkman

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I have been searching boxes of halves supplied by one of my banks who uses Brinks as their service carrier. Here lately the pickings have gotten slim to none and recently I have been finding rolls with the incorrect number of haves. The last box I searched this week had 1 roll which contained only 18 halves, 11 rolls which contained only 19 halves and there were 6 rolls which contained 21 coins each. This has become a pattern in the last two or three weeks which tells me that Brinks is not quality controlling their packaging very well. Are any of you out there having similar experiences?

FL Junkman
 
Upvote 0
It used to happen to me when I searched Loomis boxes. I was finding enough keepers so I didn't mind. I just considered it a "hidden" fee. Once they quit producing, I've switched to Brinks. Never had a problem with Brinks.
 
I used to have problems with getting smaller denominations counted as halves in the rolls. Not any more as they cannot seem to order for me.
 
I notice for the most part if a roll has a 19 then another roll has 21 to make it even. but sometimes is 1-4 coins short which is just a little fee
 
Want something to moan about? Waite till you get a box completely missing a roll- thats enough to pi$$ off the pope. I got a box once rolled by American- every roll was a different length, came up $8.50 short on 2 boxes and no keepers. HH Mark
 
Brinks suck in my area in my opinion. It depends on the area and who the management is like all places. Not only do I get Brinks boxes with halves rolls that people already looked through but their dime boxes have like 10 rolls that are short a dime a roll. It's funny how it's not the other way around. I used to insert a replacement dime but now I open the box at the bank branch and give them the rolls that are short in exchange for ones that are accurrate. I do get Ag dimes in their boxes however.
 
SFBayArea said:
Brinks suck in my area in my opinion. It depends on the area and who the management is like all places. Not only do I get Brinks boxes with halves rolls that people already looked through but their dime boxes have like 10 rolls that are short a dime a roll. It's funny how it's not the other way around. I used to insert a replacement dime but now I open the box at the bank branch and give them the rolls that are short in exchange for ones that are accurrate. I do get Ag dimes in their boxes however.

SFBayArea, I solved my problem with short rolls in Brinks dimes by returning the entire box to my dump bank. They take them and the only thing they count are the rolls to make sure they're all there :dontknow:
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom