What's new

My Christmas vacation finds (or lack thereof)

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Over the past couple of weeks I was able to search about 10 Brinks boxes. All but 2 were skunks. One of them was good and had 5-90%ers and 15-40%ers. The other box had 3- 40%ers.

One box had a bunch of 1974-D coins with green paint on the obverse. Several were in the same box. Anyone ever see this before?

Anyway, I have decided to retire again (for the 4th or 5th time). Several banks I went to where in the past I could always get hand rolls were picked clean. Apparently there is one or more hard core CRHers in my area (I was already aware of that but hoped they had given up, but apparently not).

Not worth the effort in dumping all the coins for the amount of finds, in that two of my former dump banks no longer have coin counters. They say the machines broke down in the recent past and they removed them instead of fixing them.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
I have found numerous coins marked with a green P on the obverse. Irritating as one box I (several months ago) was filled with at least 200 of these marked coins. Now I see fewer and fewer. Thank goodness.

I hope you find another way to keep on CRHing. You always have great advice which is highly appreciated by many on this forum.

apush :read2:
 
apush said:
I have found numerous coins marked with a green P on the obverse. Irritating as one box I (several months ago) was filled with at least 200 of these marked coins. Now I see fewer and fewer. Thank goodness.

I hope you find another way to keep on CRHing. You always have great advice which is highly appreciated by many on this forum.

apush :read2:

Thanks Apush. The green painted coins I saw were a first for me, in that the entire face of the coin was painted green. The 74d coins were the only one. I figured maybe the CRHer was looking for double die coins and was doing that so they would not search them again.

Most of the boxes I got (like in the past) contained coins with at least 2 or 3 different markings. I still plan to ask for hand rolls when I go to the bank to do legitimate banking.

Jim
 
Congrats Jim - you are doing 10 X better than me, I've fallen into the nasty habit of buying my silver. You made the effort, and found a few, good job!
 
Jim,
I hope you stay on the forum. Everyone always enjoys reading your posts.
How about just cutting down a bit rather than quiting. Just a thought.
There is silver out there for the finding.
rileyboy
 
awesome boxes/scores!!! i too have seen a few of those green painted halves >:( whats up with that?!?!?! lmao. keep it up and hh!
 
Jim,
You have to look on the bright side. You recovered over $100.00 in silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup:and you got to lug around 250 pounds of coin which is good exercise.
Keep searching
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom