What's new

My creek

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I share a few pic of my creek and an in situ of a spokeshave and scraper
 

Attachments

  • image-3300443378.webp
    image-3300443378.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 156
  • image-1228785645.webp
    image-1228785645.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3133771636.webp
    image-3133771636.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2848568662.webp
    image-2848568662.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image-364409664.webp
    image-364409664.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 176
  • image-3081555902.webp
    image-3081555902.webp
    117.7 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Looks like a little paradise you got there...
 
Looks like I missed one in the forth pic is that a scraper at the top of screen I only had a few minutes so I was in a hurry
 
you may be right. thanks for sharing the pics.
 
You guys and your creek rock. I would be sitting on the shore beating up rock with my bopper looking for knapping rock!!! Good stuff painter x7.
 
That's a nice looking spot. So much to look through and so little time.
 
This is the one I grew up in as a kid it is on my property ;) I found two arrow heads in this bar
 

Attachments

  • image-2157479420.webp
    image-2157479420.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 140
It does look like creek heaven there. I can see why you always find so many nice things. It screams : Rake me. Be fun to snorkel to.:hello:
 
Snorkeling is great it's like being in a big fish tank found these two just swimming with a mask with the kids I love where I live so much they can bury me in my creek ;))
 

Attachments

  • image-2924979992.webp
    image-2924979992.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image-3803908820.webp
    image-3803908820.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 160
Nice large spokeshave! :icon_thumright: Looks like a lot of sandbar to search. Best you take it slowly and not miss the good one.
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
It's so hard to go slow lol I have to make myself slow down I find more if I stay on my hands and knees and that's torture on those rocks lol
 
I would think I had died and gone to heaven with a creek like that.:notworthy:
 
Looks like my rock beds :) Last weekend my husband used a pair of knee pads. I usually end up with a sore neck.
 
I thought real hard about knee pads lol ima try some !!!!!
 
I will and thanks my back got crushed in a logging accident about 10 years ago and bending over can be quite painful sometimes knee pads are a great idea thanks !!!
 
They make some large gravel bars where you live at. Ours are maybe 15 by 30 being the largest. Have you tried going upstream a bit to see if the pieces are washing down stream or do believe the camp site is rite in the gravel bar itself?
 
Actually if you look at the banks you see a foot of gravel then a foot of dirt and so on.... My best spot it is actually washing out of the bed its funny there is so many rocks its in are yards ,driveways ,and hillsides if yo tried a garden Wiesel in my county it would just break the teeth off you could dig as deep as you wanted never hitting good dirt it's all rock !!!
 
There are reasons mr Perino and overstreet chose this area to hunt artifacts lol I brought some of my pieces to a guy and he told me he's never seen so many artifacts from so many different time periods lol it sure makes it hard to identify age
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom