What's new

My detector is paid for!!!!

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have been keeping track of how much I have been finding and I can say that today I have officially found enough scrap value gold and silver to pay for my Excal II that I bought 5-1-11. So a little over 4 months of what most would consider "casual" detecting(avg. 4-6hrs/week), and she is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what a $1200 pile of gold and silver looks like(scrap value).

020-3.jpg


022-1.jpg


Aaron
 
Upvote 0
:headbang: thats what its all about, its almost criminal with all the goodies we get for a hobby...........almost!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
That is one impressive photo, Aaron! :headbang:

Lorraine
 
Thats outstanding for the amount of hours put in......your on a roll......keep em coming. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
 
WTG :icon_salut: And to think people pay "green fees", State fishing and hunting license fees, buy cars they find in old barns and then spend thousands to refurbish them. I love this hobby. Good luck out there. Keep'em coming.
 
Congratulations Aaron! I know how good it feels, and I'm doing a happy dance here in White Plains, right now looking at your Pirate Booty! :notworthy:
 
Gotta love this Hobby, And a very nice amount of treasure for the time you have invested. You may want send your gold in before the end of the year, 1099's will be issued the first of the year on checks more then 600.......

I've pettry much been thur several hobbies in my very Blessed life, if I only new back then, what I know now
 
Thanks John ..Great News!! Well Maybe, a friend called ARA 2 weeks ago..they said it was still on for gold..may have to call them myself.........
 
Guess I will send in less than 600 each time. Is'nt that a shame! :laughing7:
 
Gotta ask, do you save your finds or just sell them? Me, what few finds I have, I save. I have a few rings I found from 2001. Anyway. Just curious. Great finds btw. HH -Joe





stpauli914 said:
Well I have been keeping track of how much I have been finding and I can say that today I have officially found enough scrap value gold and silver to pay for my Excal II that I bought 5-1-11. So a little over 4 months of what most would consider "casual" detecting(avg. 4-6hrs/week), and she is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what a $1200 pile of gold and silver looks like(scrap value).

020-3.jpg


022-1.jpg


Aaron
 
Excellent pile o loot sir - Just think how much thats gonna grow now that u added the shark!! :notworthy: :laughing7: :headbang:
 
Reply from ARA

From: "Nicki Emehiser" <nicki@aragold.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: oldebeechnut@yahoo.com


Have not been instructed to do 1099’s. That was thrown out of the health care bill. Thank Goodness.

Thanks John
 
Good news on the 1099's. I am planning on saving all my finds till the end of the year and then send in common gold bands, etc. I will keep and give as gifts some of the more unique pieces :) Wife has already claimed a couple :)

HH,
Aaron
 
stpauli914 said:
Good news on the 1099's. I am planning on saving all my finds till the end of the year and then send in common gold bands, etc. I will keep and give as gifts some of the more unique pieces :) Wife has already claimed a couple :)

HH,
Aaron
My wife takes all my good stuff.....I get more joy from her wearing something than I would from the money it would bring. She dont complain about me detecting either. :wink:
 
Nice pile of loot :icon_thumleft:
 
congrats!!!!!! nice pile! :icon_thumright:
 
Is any of the "Ice" real ???
 
FLauthor said:
When its time to sell your booty? This refinery pays 98%: http://www.aragold.com/about-ara.html. Weigh your Swag in grams and check it on Scrap Gold & Silver Calculator: http://www.jackhunt.com/scrap.html then you'll know what you'll be receiving. Great Finds! :hello2: :thumbsup:

not sold on aras methods! they take all your gold, 10kt goes in with 18kt and melt it together. that makes your 18 kt worth less than it should be.

they used dwt as there weight, not grams.

i think you might be better off selling on epay.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom