My dog, Buster, died today.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buster got bit by a rattlesnake yesterday, near the house. We went after the snake but he was not on the road anymore. This happened around 8:20pm. By 10:00, he was in extreme pain. We tried some "shock therapy" just after 10:00. Neighbor brought down a stun gun but was not enough. Google up "stun gun rattlesnake bite" to see what I mean. He died about 10:00 am today. Good dog. ╦╦Ç

Sorry for your loss Terry. They become family in such short time. I know what you are going through.

So sorry to see this Terry. I hope Buster wasn't in pain all that time. I know how you must hurt losing a pet. We lost our English Mastiff Amelia after 13 years. She just couldn't get up anymore

Aaaargh What a bummer. My dog was bit a few years back but he made it. Sorry for the loss.

Terry, sorry to hear about your loss.

dogs get bit pretty often around here, usually a copperhead bite is the least lethal and most survive them. Rattlesnake and cottonmouths can be a different matter. We have had several dogs that got bit a lot as they tended to kill the snakes but we have lost a few and several cats as well. Dogs can be replaced by another dog but you will never find one with the exact same qualities of the one you have lost and sometimes it is almost like losing one of your kids. Sorry for your loss, hope for a quick rebound.

Sorry to hear about your dog Terry. Any time you loose a friend it always hurts.

My sympathies, Terry. He was a beautiful dog.

Terry, So Sorry for your loss. They are our kids with fur, as much family and missed as quickly as much.

Sorry for your loss Terry.

Buster was a rescue dog. I got him around 6 months old. He had wounds on his muzzle that cleared up. VERY smart dog. If someone spoke loud or excitedly to Judy or I, he would growl and bare his teeth, yet he would take lots of abuse from little kids without a whimper. Good dog. Tnx all. ╦╦Ç

Terry, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your family member. Its a terrible thing to lose one you love, but just concentrate on the great memories you made together. Youll see each other again soon enough.

My condolences on your loss sir.

OMG im so sorry. thats a terrible loss. My prayers are with you!

Sorry for your loss Terry. We ain't young pups anymore either.

When I came home to retire, Mom had her cat Leroy who was 19 at his passing. My two cats were 16 & 17. They passed one at a time in just a month. Mom was 90 at the time, and it danged near killed her, she just sat in her chair crying all day every day. Me, I was pretty hurt as well. Then at the local Farmer's Market I got a tip on 3 rescue kittens. I got all three & Mom didn't know I was doing it. I came in the door with the kittens and they were immediately all over her. Mom's rolling towards 92 now. I credit those kittens as saving Mom's life. And it sure turned this house upbeat :)

Last edited:
I started to look at dog condolence cards on line to find one to send. They were to emotional. My dog is 16 and doing good for his age. I expect his loss someday. But a sudden loss is the worst. He’s in a good place. My condolences.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back