My dumb rat terrior trys to eat everything whole, and chokes.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I have to break down everything into bit size pieces, otherwise it'll stick in her throat and she can't breath. Today, she found a dried up pizza crust and I take it away and put in on the desk (to throw out later). She sat beneath that desk for 4 hours not moving. So as a [purely scientific] test, I opened the window (second floor), tossed the crust out the window, and now she sits looking out the window... .

mrs.oroblanco said:
Aw,
That's mean :nono:
B

Yeah, it is... but it saves her life. I'll probably go find another item later and cut it up for her. She's such a dummy.... but I love her.

How about just putting your leftovers in a trash can with a cover and quit leaving them where the dog can see/get them?

:love9: your dog :icon_thumleft:

B

mrs.oroblanco said:
How about just putting your leftovers in a trash can with a cover and quit leaving them where the dog can see/get them?
:love9: your dog :icon_thumleft:
B

That's funny you should mention this right at this moment, because I just now witnessed her getting into the garbage. She has never done this before. I think that's where she got the original pizza crust from. I've had her for 7 years now since she was a pup, and she has never done this before. Man. I guess at this time, I'll need to put the garbage can into the pantry to keep her out of it. Man.

Edit: Just exactly before I wrote this, I heard a rustling of plastic... I looked over the balcony from the den, and low and behold, she had stretched her body 4 yards to get into the garbage can (twice her height). I said, "Katy?" She froze.... waited... then she began digging again. "Katy!" She then turns around and plays it off as if she didn't do anything wrong, when she knew exactly what she was doing was wrong. Wow. What a strange occurrence. I guess my little Katy has taken on bad habits. I better nip those habits in the butt right now before she does this often. Also, she's 'not' hungry. She is quite fat, and gets more food that she needs. This activity is apparently just now a bad habit that we'll have to curb.

Edit2: Katy just got her pizza. She got Canadian Bacon, Ham, and pineapple.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back