What's new

My favorite time of the year.......

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always felt like my best month for digging is November....been getting out a lot like I do this time of the year...nothing supersweet yet......but I can feel it coming. Here's a few things I've come out with lately.



DSCF0226.webpIMAG0013.webpIMAG0043.webpIMAG0014.webpIMAG0007.webpIMAG0051.webp
 
Upvote 0
found the drill today ..it was cold.
 
Is that a hematite disc? What...uh,....what is it?
 
yeah thats a hematite disc i find those quite a bit last few years....
 
I'll go ahead and give myself a 1 star rating...don't wanna give the seriel thread rater the pleasure...
 
Yeah they are. Putting in some dues it looks like. I know how it goes real well. Today is the day!
 
SOHIO - do you have any information or personal thoughts (on the disc) on the hematite disc you can share? That's a really cool piece. I've seen one or two of them posted here (I don't remember who found the other, it may have been a earlier post of yours) but don't know anything about them. Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

Joe
 
SOHIO - do you have any information or personal thoughts (on the disc) on the hematite disc you can share? That's a really cool piece. I've seen one or two of them posted here (I don't remember who found the other, it may have been a earlier post of yours) but don't know anything about them. Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

Joe

Id like to hear about them also seeing I just found one last week. Mine looks almost like a little hammer stone for use but I have never found one before so I really dont know.
 
I saw one found on a Ft Ancient site that was very highly polished and an almost perfect circle. It was thicker in the middle than the outer edges and actually looked like what we think a UFO looks like. I think SOHIO's may be the start of a small Hematite Adz that has just been rough pecked and was waiting to be ground into shape.
 
Nice dig finds SOHIO. I dig more in the winter also. Cool beads.
 
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner..Yeah I agree with steve :dontknow: that these were "in process" adzes. I have several small adzes complete with nice sharp bit ends ...one not much bigger than a quarter. I associate these smaller adzes to have been used in smaller detailed jobs but what i dont know...what do you guys think a quarter sized adze could have been used for?
 
Last edited:
My other theory.......ufo effigies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom