What's new

My First 1

Demon_Wolf

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Garrett AT Pro
Hello I have been wanting to try out Coin Roll Hunting for awhile now and decided to go try my luck at my local bank. Walked in and asked the teller if they had any halfs and she said yes how much would you like and I said $30.00 worth and she said ok. Made it back home and started opening them and the first two rolls where skunks, but on my third row i found a 1967 40%er. Went and showed my wife, and she was like so and i told her it was 40% Silver and showed her on coinflation what it was worth $4.53 and she said "So you made $4.00 off of 50 cents" And I said yes. Then i showed her what the 90%ers where worth and she said wow. So maybe she will see the purpose in the madness LOL!!! Good Luck And Happy Hunting All!!!!
 

Attachments

  • Ken 1 001.webp
    Ken 1 001.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 349
  • Ken 2 001.webp
    Ken 2 001.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0
Congrats man! keep it up, keep rolling through and don't discouraged, the shiny ones usually make up for the skunks :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

HH
-j
 
Congrats on the first of hopefully many more! :icon_thumleft:

Now go back and buy the rest of them!
 
Welcome to treasurenet Demon_Wolf. Good luck in your hunting.
 
WTG Demon_Wolf now you need to go back and get more. I started of getting 10 rolls or more at a time. I am now getting my first box of halfs. This week alone I have gotten 80 40%'s and 4 90%'s. This is very addicting. Hope you get that 90% er this next time.....Good luck....Matt
 
Just keep plugging away and you will find some great stuff. I also like to ask local banks for their loose halves. Most of the time its all junk, but I have ended up with some great stuff. Just the other day I went to a bank and the lady gave me her 35 loose halves, and 34 of them were 40% silvers :headbang: .

In just the past week I have gotten about 45 40% halves, a walking liberty and have gotten 3 franklins out of teller's drawers in the past month or so.

Another nice find I had was someone had just dropped off their halves and Eisenhowers at a bank the day before and I ended up getting a silver proof Ike and a Silver proof Kennedy. The rest were all BU and had to have been from mint sets. There is even some money to be made in the clads. I ended up getting a 1974d Double Die Obverse and I swear the thing is BU. (If anyone knows how much that might be worth, I would appreciate it.)

Not trying to gloat, because lord knows I have gotten plenty of crap and struck out more times than I hit the jackpot lol. Just encouraging you to keep at it! Most banks are more than happy to give you their halves or Eisenhowers if they have any because it makes their count easier at the end of the night.

Keep it up and as soon as you hit a big strike you will remember why you toil away doing this :thumbsup:
 
I like how your avatar pic is your first CRH find. We should all do that if we still have it or remember which one it was. :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks everyone for the comments!!!!!
 
The 1974 DDO is MS-63 condition is worth 50$.
 
I also got my first half silver today. Yesterday I picked up 116$ from several banks. Not a single silver. Today I went to a couple banks in downtown Chicago and sure enough I only get 5$ in halves but got a 1967 40%er too.

Good deal. I just need to set up an account somewhere so that I can start ordering boxes.
 
Decided To Go Back Today And Get More Rolls Got A $500 Dollar Box And $300 In Loose Rolls. The Loose Rolls Produced 1 40%er And The Box Produced 9 40ers :D So I'm Definitely Hooked Now!!! Good Luck And Happy Hunting All!!!!
 

Attachments

  • 10 kens 001.webp
    10 kens 001.webp
    108.9 KB · Views: 186

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom